Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed wobble

Bike
    mt-09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, but have you adjusted the chain adjusters in a tracer 900 and the wobbling solved?

Bike
    900 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed wobble

Quote Originally Posted by mrgadman View Post
    So by changing the stock screen with powerbronze in a stock bike with shocks in stock settings, the wobble will go?
    The screen is the only thing I've touched on my bike, not even had to adjust the chain yet. Well that's not strictly true I did change the brake and clutch levers for some cheap Chinese onesSpeed wobble

Bike
    900 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffli View Post
    Also with the powerbronze sports screen you get less wind noise through the crash helmet.
    That's why I chose the screen I couldn't stand the buffeting from the original one.

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, but have you adjusted the chain adjusters in a tracer 900 and the wobbling solved?
    The wobble has nothing to do with the chain adjusters, it's the screen that causes it.

Bike
    mt-09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is:

Is there any one that tried over 200km with stock screen and the bike wobbled and after replacing the screen ONLY, went again and fixed?

I' m keep asking because of keep reading various solutions like shock adjustment, tyres replacement, stabilizer, change of shocks to Ohlins, shorter screen, guards removal, etc but no any verdict came out so far, that the problem is really fixed with one or combination of those.
    Last edited by mrgadman; 08-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is:

Is there any one that tried over 200km with stock screen and the bike wobbled and after replacing the screen ONLY, went again and fixed?

I' m keep asking because of keep reading various solutions like shock adjustment, tyres replacement, stabilizer, change of shocks to Ohlins, shorter screen, guards removal, etc but no any verdict came out so far, that the problem is really fixed with one or combination of those.
    For get about all the other solutions it's definitely the way the air flow deflects off the screen onto the handgaurd. Standard screen at 224kmh little bit of wobble. With the givi screen 190kmh very unstable. With the powerbronze sports screen there's no wobble at any speed. I have changed my tyres, I have fitted a steering damper, I have a nitron rear shock, my forks have linear springs with reduced air gap. But when I put the givi screen back on the bike becomes unstable again. I personally think the tracer looks better with a taller screen, but it's not always about looks. With powerbronze sports screen you get less wind buffering on your helmet and the bike is more stable.

Bike
    mt-09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, I think I should go for powerbronze. But did you tried to adjust the suspension on your weight and the issued persisted? Some guys insist that the problem solved just with the suspension adjustment..

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, I think I should go for powerbronze. But did you tried to adjust the suspension on your weight and the issued persisted? Some guys insist that the problem solved just with the suspension adjustment..
    Adjusting the suspension will not cure the wobble, I spent 750 having my suspension changed and set up for my weight and with the givi screen it still has the wobbles. I changed the suspension purely because the stock suspension is crap.

Bike
    900 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched to the other screen because I couldn't stand the noise and the turbulence from the original screen. If it cured the wobble that I hadn't experienced then all the better!

Bike
    2015 MT-09 Tracer 2008 KLR 650
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned my MT-09 Tracer for over a year and also noticed a slight wobbling at high speed.
    I don't tend to ride very often at the speed that the wobble occurred so it never troubled me too much.
    Since that time I've swapped out my screen for an MRA Double Bubble, set my suspension a bit on the softer side of standard (to make it a bit more comfortable on my dreadful roads) and fitted a Powerbronze 'Beak'.
    Last month I toured in Europe with a group and sometimes on those wonderful European roads we'd be well into three figure speeds.
    I noticed no wobbling at all!
    I didn't try to fix it but, it's gone!