Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Condensation 2017 Tracer 900

Hi all
    Now the salt's mostly gone I've rescued my Lovely Tracer 900 from under it's breathable cover and gone for a blast,( my poor winter bike will be getting a rest!) Moisture was running down the led display and when I tried to wipe it off I realised it was on the inside!
    Has anyone else suffered from this condensation? Damp and electronics do not mix very well. It has dried out since but marks left by the trails are still visible. My local dealer is great and he will take a photo to send to Yamaha so I'm not worried about it, just wondering if it's a common fault?

Bike
    Mt09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar problem. Not to the same extent perhaps as mine lives in a garage that isn't totally watertight so doesn't live under a cover (don't want to trap moisture). But yes, the back of the glass gets a bit foggy at times. It clears after a bit though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could be right about the cover. It does say breathable and I have carpet on the garage floor but in damp weather everything metal inside beads with moisture.

Bike
    Tracer MT-09
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynner View Post
    Hi all
    Now the salt's mostly gone I've rescued my Lovely Tracer 900 from under it's breathable cover and gone for a blast,( my poor winter bike will be getting a rest!) Moisture was running down the led display and when I tried to wipe it off I realised it was on the inside!
    Has anyone else suffered from this condensation? Damp and electronics do not mix very well. It has dried out since but marks left by the trails are still visible. My local dealer is great and he will take a photo to send to Yamaha so I'm not worried about it, just wondering if it's a common fault?
    I had the same problem and got it changed under warranty, a common fault apparently.

Bike
    Yamaha FJ09/Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Condensation 2017 Tracer 900-img_1216-jpg

That display is from my bike....
    Dealer changed the shell under warranty!

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if the Yamaha super tenere as the same problem as the Tracer 900 concerning the condensation as they have the same clocks