Bike
    MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen - Faco Cupolino Fume

Hello all,

Been using my Tracer daily and doing a lot of motorways - that original screen is just awful. Anyway, been searching the web for a solution and nothing seems to sort it out - and it's plain ugly as well.

However, I came across the "Faco Cupolino Fume" on a french forum - no review as the guy is trying or was trying to get so comments - but looking at the Italian review they seem to be good.

Anyway, anyone came across it? Used it? And from the picture, I quite like the look of it as well.

Amazon.it link => CUPOLINO FUME' CHIARO YAMAHA MT09 TRACER 2015-16 spessore 4MM cod.28435: Amazon.it: Auto e Moto

Bike
    MT-09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very similar to the Puig Touring Screen, I have fitted one of these & they are a lot better than the standard screen.
    Look up Puig & see what you think, I know they are rated very highly.
    Canít comment on screen you are looking at, never seen one or even heard of one before.
    Good luck with your choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fitted a Givi Touring screen and am happy with it. It looks not dissimilar to the Faco screen (which I have never heard of before). You have to be careful otherwise you could end up spending some serious coin and still be unhappy. However, the standard screen is certainly a joke. Good luck with your choice.

Bike
    MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnstons101 View Post
    Looks very similar to the Puig Touring Screen, I have fitted one of these & they are a lot better than the standard screen.
    Look up Puig & see what you think, I know they are rated very highly.
    Can’t comment on screen you are looking at, never seen one or even heard of one before.
    Good luck with your choice

I am commuting daily on the bike with about 15 minutes of the motorway - Is the Puig screen just a small improvement over the original screen? Or is it worth its price? Far too much wind-noise, it was quieter to ride my naked hornet that riding the mt 09 tracer with a screen...

Bike
    MT-09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wind noise is drastically reduced, but it all depends on your height & head position. I did play about with the screen height adjustment on the screen & now run with it at as high as possible.
    When I bought the bike, it came with three screens, the original, a short sports screen & a large powerbronze touring type screen. But I couldnít get on with any of them, thatís why I took the plunge with the Puig, after I read a lot of reviews.
    It does seem expensive, but comes with a new metal mounting frame, that replaces the original & uses the same bolt holes. It also has four little brackets to move the hand wind deflectors. So itís not just a plastic screen you are buying.
    Donít get me wrong, it is still a noisier ride than my R6, but the screen is a massive improvement in wind noise & buffeting. I did a tour of Scotland including over 1200 miles, days after fitting the screen & donít regret my purchase.
    Good luck & remember if it doesnít work for you, thereís always ebay to get some money back

Bike
    MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update, bought a windshield deflector from Amazon ( Tencasi Universal Transparent Upper Outer Windshield Air Wind Deflectors Windscreen Bracket Set Adjustable for Motorcycle: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike )
    The improvement is amazing for the price, the wind noise is reduced significantly - only thing is that the shield is moving quite a bit above the speed limit (tested on a track oviously)

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Palmer product mount and screen, it seems a bit expensive considering both are bought as separate items but have done the job quite well a few times with rides through Belgium and France, even when the rain was heavy.