Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    15 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual sport tyres

Anyone fitted dual sport tyres, any recommendations.

Bike
    15 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone used these
    "Pirelli Scorpion Trail II"

Bike
    FJ09/MT09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the Avon Trailrider tyres . They were steady enough on rough ground, but the majority of my riding was on the road so switched to Avon Spirit ST which I find excellent.
    Scaley

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Pirelli MT60's on my MT-03. Worked OK and lasted reasonably well, but got a bit squirrely when really cranked over on a dry road, as the tread doesn't go far enough round the profile. So I fitted proper road tyres for summer use and only switched back for the winter. Fortunately, I found a pair of wheels on ebay, so didn't need to change the actual tyres every time. Unfortunately the bike's now gone to a new, though local, owner. I do miss it as it was such fun.

I've also used Conti TKC80's on a DRZ400 trail bike. Again, they lasted better than proper knobblies when used on tarmac, but handling was a bit weird when the bike's really leaned over. I tried the Metzeler equivalent (can't remember the exact model) on the same bike, but they didn't last five minutes. Heidenau's were better, but again, the handling wasn't great. The original Bridgestone Trail Wings that came with the bike weren't too good either.

So my conclusion would be - if you want to go offroad, the Conti's are probably the best bet.

I don't know if any of those are available in the right sizes for the MT-09.