Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Big Hooters !!

  1. #1
    Member Russ Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Big Hooters !!

    Sorry, not those !

    Just wondered which louder horns you guys had managed to fit ?

    Had to use mine again tonight but the meep meep is pathetic !!

    I do have a bigger one to fit but there is nowhere inside the panels big enough to take anything decent so wondered what you lots had ?

    I know the Sound Bomb can be bought it 2 pieces but I tried one on my Blackbird but it didn't last very long, sort of fell to bits !

    I could always fit this bigger air horn to the crash bars but I think it would look daft and open to getting bashed/soaked.

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Member
    Bike
    MT 09 Tracer
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Stockton on Tees UK
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a pair of these a few years ago! Have a look on eBay for twin car horns.

    Twin tone air Snail horn siren set car Truck van boat MEGA LOUD SNAIL Dual 12V | eBay

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, Huh, Huh, he said hooters...

    Big Hooters !!-images-jpg

    Been looking for something too, the standard horn is pretty rubbish, it reminds me of a smart car horn...

  4. #4
    Member
    Bike
    Tracer MT-09
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted one of these. Had two off my previous bike but can only find room to fit one. Makes your presence known.


  5. #5
    Member Russ Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally ordered a Denali Soundbomb which I will have to clamp onto the crash bars, not ideal but looked at others (like the mini) but all the sound clips I heard weren't that much better than stock. So instead of hiding it inside (almost impossible!) I'll have it loud and proud on the outside !

    I've also just ordered one of the Piaa's because I didn't know about them until this post above, so thanks for the info !

    Can use the Soundbomb on my Blackbird so will have a choice !
    Last edited by Russ Quinlan; 03-02-2017 at 11:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Member Russ Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update !
    Soundbomb arrived but absolutely no chance of that going on so thats going on the Blackbird.
    Then today the Piaa's arrived and as you can see both of them went on a treat with a couple of spacers behind. I still need to tidy up the riding but my god what a sound !

    Also no relay needed just a bit of jiggery pokery with the split feed.

    Have a listen HERE !!

    Thanks to Mr ib1-2 above for the info.
    Attached Images Attached Images Big Hooters !!-horns-jpg 

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Quinlan View Post
    Update !
    Soundbomb arrived but absolutely no chance of that going on so thats going on the Blackbird.
    Then today the Piaa's arrived and as you can see both of them went on a treat with a couple of spacers behind. I still need to tidy up the riding but my god what a sound !

    Also no relay needed just a bit of jiggery pokery with the split feed.

    Have a listen HERE !!

    Thanks to Mr ib1-2 above for the info.
    Bloody hell, they're good! i might have to invest.

    How are mounting options, not sure i'd want them right at the front.... (just to be awkward!)

  8. #8
    Member
    Bike
    Tracer MT-09
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Quinlan View Post
    Finally ordered a Denali Soundbomb which I will have to clamp onto the crash bars, not ideal but looked at others (like the mini) but all the sound clips I heard weren't that much better than stock. So instead of hiding it inside (almost impossible!) I'll have it loud and proud on the outside !

    I've also just ordered one of the Piaa's because I didn't know about them until this post above, so thanks for the info !

    Can use the Soundbomb on my Blackbird so will have a choice !
    How did you mount them Mr Quinlan? I tried all sort of options but couldn't the two to fit.

  9. #9
    Member Russ Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ib1-2 View Post
    How did you mount them Mr Quinlan? I tried all sort of options but couldn't the two to fit.
    Just behind the horns you can see the heads of 2 Allan Screws. They fit into 2 tapped holes in the lower fork brace. Those holes are for a small black bracket that supports the original horn and also a cable support for the horn. They are a real fiddle to get your hands in (mine anyway!) but if you take the original horn/bracket off you will see the RH one. You will need spacers about 25mm long to bring the horn mounting plate away from the fork brace as well.
    Have to watch the threads though, after temporarily fitting them last nite, I removed the RH screw to add some locktite, that was a mistake ! The alloy of the fork brace must be real soft because I must have slightly damaged the thread getting it out and took me half an hour to get the bloody thing back in and I know I cross threaded the damn thing but it was the only way to get it in, Mind you it didn't take much effort to get the new screw in so the alloy must be like plastic ! Needless to say I didn't need the thread lock !
    I'll try and get a photo from underneath with it all fitted coz I'm not taking them off again !!
    Last edited by Russ Quinlan; 03-09-2017 at 03:41 AM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Bike
    Tracer MT-09
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Quinlan View Post
    Just behind the horns you can see the heads of 2 Allan Screws. They fit into 2 tapped holes in the lower fork brace. Those holes are for a small black bracket that supports the original horn and also a cable support for the horn. They are a real fiddle to get your hands in (mine anyway!) but if you take the original horn/bracket off you will see the RH one. You will need spacers about 25mm long to bring the horn mounting plate away from the fork brace as well.
    Have to watch the threads though, after temporarily fitting them last nite, I removed the RH screw to add some locktite, that was a mistake ! The alloy of the fork brace must be real soft because I must have slightly damaged the thread getting it out and took me half an hour to get the bloody thing back in and I know I cross threaded the damn thing but it was the only way to get it in, Mind you it didn't take much effort to get the new screw in so the alloy must be like plastic ! Needless to say I didn't need the thread lock !
    I'll try and get a photo from underneath with it all fitted coz I'm not taking them off again !!
    Would appreciate a pic Mr Quinlan

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:40 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.6.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


MT09.motorcycle-talk.com is not associated with Yamaha in any way. We are an enthusiast site dedicated to the Yamaha MT-09 / FZ-09 motorcycles. Our goal is to offer a place for Yamaha FZ09 / MT09 owners to discuss rides, events, mods, maintenance, purchasing, etc.

vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com