0 Thread(s)
    Excellent Job!

Bike
    Mt09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ToastedBlue - still modding Tracer exhausts? You have a PM...

Bike
    Mt09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, no response from Mr ToastedBlue... so, I've been to my local stainless exhaust fabricator gadgey, shown him the youtube video from here and handed him an exhaust. When he gave it me back a few days ago, he said "small wonder that bloke hasn't got back to you. That was a B*st*rd of a job, I trashed two tungsten saw blades and nearly lost the will to live. No you may NOT tell the forum where you had it done - I never want to see an MT09 exhaust ever again!" Ohhh- Kayyyy, I think I'm understanding you....

All that aside, he's done a darn fine job, pretty well as per Mr TB's method, and I love it. Sounds fruitier than Carmen Miranda's hat. Fortunately my favoured MOT guy is of the "loud pipes save lives" school of thought. The ECU (reflashed a few months back) may, I am told, need a tweak but "run it a bit and see how it goes before we do anything to it" which makes sense as i really don't want to have to fish out the ECU and cart it 50 miles to South Yorkshire again if I can help it ...
    Last edited by Wharfe; 02-23-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Bike
    MT-09 in Armour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wharfe View Post
    Well, no response from Mr ToastedBlue... so, I've been to my local stainless exhaust fabricator gadgey, shown him the youtube video from here and handed him an exhaust. When he gave it me back a few days ago, he said "small wonder that bloke hasn't got back to you. That was a B*st*rd of a job, I trashed two tungsten saw blades and nearly lost the will to live. No you may NOT tell the forum where you had it done - I never want to see an MT09 exhaust ever again!" Ohhh- Kayyyy, I think I'm understanding you......
    I can certainly sympathise with your fabricator it's not an easy job for anyone even with the skills and all the necessary tools and equipment, when I did mine last year I did mention this (see below), also when Yamaha put it together they certainly did it right....

https://mt09.motorcycle-talk.com/for...st-system.html

P.S. I was asked if I would do another, but respectively declined....

Bike
    Mt09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I knew it wasn't a straightforward job, though certainly hadn't anticipated it would try the patience of a guy who builds stainless exhaust systems for a living! Fair play to you for doing the "cut down" yourself...

Bike
    MT 09...waitng on delivery
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toasted Blue.....guessing you are no longer doing this mod for the standard MT09?