Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low seat for Tracer

Hi. Anyone out there can give me any info about the low seat for the Tracer. I have the standard seat on the low setting but because I'm only 5-6 I find it awkward on uneven ground. Yamaha do a low seat and I was wondering what people think and if it is worth it or there are better options out there. Thanks.

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yamaha do the tie rods to lower the rear suspension

Bike
    MT-09 & MT-09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennholmes View Post
    Hi. Anyone out there can give me any info about the low seat for the Tracer. I have the standard seat on the low setting but because I'm only 5-6 I find it awkward on uneven ground. Yamaha do a low seat and I was wondering what people think and if it is worth it or there are better options out there. Thanks.
    I am 5ft 8, and I have the low seat, and the lowering dogs bones, so the seat is about 45-50mm lower which is perfect for me and I feel more secure with it.

The low seat in no more comfortable than standard, but it is not any worse either. it you just want a little bit of lowering the dog bones are by far the cheapest option, with those and the front forks dropped a bit, give you about 20mm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low seat

Hi I have just fitted my low seat as I am the same height as you, it is Ok my feet are flatter on the ground the only down side is it's a bit hard, I'm gonna see if I can get a gel pad fitted.

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davyecc View Post
    Hi I have just fitted my low seat as I am the same height as you, it is Ok my feet are flatter on the ground the only down side is it's a bit hard, I'm gonna see if I can get a gel pad fitted.
    Thanks very much to all. Think I'll invest in a low seat, dropped the bike today due to uneven ground and losing my footing, need to get my feet or at least one down easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linkage

Thanks very much to all. Think I'll invest in a low seat, dropped the bike today due to uneven ground and losing my footing, need to get my feet or at least one down easier.
    Yup I'm gonna invest in the lowering linkage as well.

Bike
    MT-09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorleigh View Post
    I am 5ft 8, and I have the low seat, and the lowering dogs bones, so the seat is about 45-50mm lower which is perfect for me and I feel more secure with it.

The low seat in no more comfortable than standard, but it is not any worse either. it you just want a little bit of lowering the dog bones are by far the cheapest option, with those and the front forks dropped a bit, give you about 20mm.
    I have read elsewhere that with the lowered links on you need to replace the side stand, which seems a bit extreme, is that true? Cheers

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fitted the Lust racing lowering kit : Yamaha lowering kits | Yamaha MT07 MT09 MT10 MT125 XSR700 XSR900 Tracer 700 MT09 Tracer XT660Z Tenere XTZ1200 WR125 YZF R1M R1 R6 R125 lowering kits XT660Z Tenere and more! LustRacing.co.uk which are slightly lower than the Yamaha ones, i'm 5.8"and with a 30" inseam and can plant both feet down, had to shorten the side stand as it looked like an accident about to happen on anything less than perfectly level.

Bike
    Tracer 900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my test ride on a Tracer with a low seat, I felt like it was making me sit forward almost as if was at an angle?

Bike
    MT-09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owle View Post
    I fitted the Lust racing lowering kit : Yamaha lowering kits | Yamaha MT07 MT09 MT10 MT125 XSR700 XSR900 Tracer 700 MT09 Tracer XT660Z Tenere XTZ1200 WR125 YZF R1M R1 R6 R125 lowering kits XT660Z Tenere and more! LustRacing.co.uk which are slightly lower than the Yamaha ones, i'm 5.8"and with a 30" inseam and can plant both feet down, had to shorten the side stand as it looked like an accident about to happen on anything less than perfectly level.

Did you fit the lowering kit and do the side stand shortening yourself or did you get local dealer etc. Do it for you, just trying to figure out, if a big job or one I could do myself?