Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete new suspension

I have given up trying to get my suspension setup just right. In th past I have been spoilt with having customised or personalised suspension (Ohlins/Nitron, etc). So, I have just bitten the bullet and yesterday took delivery of my forks which have been kitted with an Andreani cartridge (with custom springs) and a new rear Nitron R2 shock (with remote pre-load adjuster). I am expecting a huge improvement so this weekend I will fit everything and then try it out. I am very much looking forward to the result.
    Once I have had a good play I will report back for the benefit of anyone else who might be considering doing the same. Now - the only thing which still needs doing is to replace the brake lines with braided lines ..... more money!!!

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8, MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read your post and thought - hopefully not in the UK! Weather here is not exactly ideal for suspension testing. Enjoy!

P.s. I find my brakes quite good with the standard lines - maybe a bleed would do the job?

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bobh - yes I am sure I will enjoy. Put the forks back on last night and will hopefully do the rear shock over the weekend (have some other work to do whilst I have the tank off as well).
    There is nothing wrong with the brakes per se - it is just that I have been spoilt in the past by knowing what differences can be achieved. For example a simple change of pads to EBC HH's makes a considerable difference by itself. Braided lines make a further noticeable difference also. Once you have experienced all of that it is hard to just accept the standard setup as is.

I do understand about your UK weather - I have extensive family there BUT you can keep your shite weather - we are quite happy with what we have to put up with here!

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8, MT-03
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree absolutely about HH pads - make a big difference and they're what I would always use as a replacement.

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer told me it was a waste of time and money putting braided hoses on an abs system.

Bike
    2016 Tracer 900, 2012 WR250R
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laffli, he might be right regarding outright stopping power. I, for one, do not need any more brakes than my Tracer has, out of the box. For sub-300, non-Brembo brakes, they're outstanding imo.

But maybe braided lines could off er better feel and feedback. I don't know.

Sorry OP, off topic. I'm really keen to find out what you think of your new setup.
    Last edited by TRA; 12-29-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New suspension now fitted - on the front I installed Andreani replacement fork kits and on the rear I installed a new Nitron shock with remote reservoir. Expensive but just the duck's guts!!!