Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete new suspension

I have given up trying to get my suspension setup just right. In th past I have been spoilt with having customised or personalised suspension (Ohlins/Nitron, etc). So, I have just bitten the bullet and yesterday took delivery of my forks which have been kitted with an Andreani cartridge (with custom springs) and a new rear Nitron R2 shock (with remote pre-load adjuster). I am expecting a huge improvement so this weekend I will fit everything and then try it out. I am very much looking forward to the result.
    Once I have had a good play I will report back for the benefit of anyone else who might be considering doing the same. Now - the only thing which still needs doing is to replace the brake lines with braided lines ..... more money!!!

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read your post and thought - hopefully not in the UK! Weather here is not exactly ideal for suspension testing. Enjoy!

P.s. I find my brakes quite good with the standard lines - maybe a bleed would do the job?

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bobh - yes I am sure I will enjoy. Put the forks back on last night and will hopefully do the rear shock over the weekend (have some other work to do whilst I have the tank off as well).
    There is nothing wrong with the brakes per se - it is just that I have been spoilt in the past by knowing what differences can be achieved. For example a simple change of pads to EBC HH's makes a considerable difference by itself. Braided lines make a further noticeable difference also. Once you have experienced all of that it is hard to just accept the standard setup as is.

I do understand about your UK weather - I have extensive family there BUT you can keep your shite weather - we are quite happy with what we have to put up with here!

Bike
    MT-09, Fazer8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree absolutely about HH pads - make a big difference and they're what I would always use as a replacement.

Bike
    Mt09 tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer told me it was a waste of time and money putting braided hoses on an abs system.

Bike
    2016 Tracer 900, 2012 WR250R
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laffli, he might be right regarding outright stopping power. I, for one, do not need any more brakes than my Tracer has, out of the box. For sub-300, non-Brembo brakes, they're outstanding imo.

But maybe braided lines could off er better feel and feedback. I don't know.

Sorry OP, off topic. I'm really keen to find out what you think of your new setup.
    Last edited by TRA; 12-29-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Bike
    Yamaha MT 09 Tracer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New suspension now fitted - on the front I installed Andreani replacement fork kits and on the rear I installed a new Nitron shock with remote reservoir. Expensive but just the duck's guts!!!

Bike
    Moto
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for the Andreani fork kit and a K-tech razor lite rear shock. The bike is now ridable. I had the stock suspension set up and it still felt like it would through me off on very bumpy roads. The bumps have almost gone and the bike feels very stable. This is the first time I have needed to do this to a bike rather than just wanted to.