Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone tested, e.g. Dyno'd, setting the C0 to 14 (or other values) with the stock pipe?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Yes. We did it on one of the bikes before it went to a paying customer. Runs better on 14...

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

relz

Reaction score
Yes. We did it on one of the bikes before it went to a paying customer. Runs better on 14...

Thanks.

I previously had it set to 14 for a few days, but didn't feel enough of a difference (perhaps the bike was too new to me), so I went back to 0.

Now that it's been measured to be a better setting I'll go back to it. If there is an improvement I'm pretty sure I should feel it this time round.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

M

MT account

anyone know why the individual cylinders can be adjusted? surely theyre all in it together and doing the same amount of work? i know i have a colder plug in the centre cylinder of my KH but were talking dinosaur technology there...

TT, did you notice your akra centre pipe was clean and the 2 outers were a bit white?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
anyone know why the individual cylinders can be adjusted? surely theyre all in it together and doing the same amount of work? i know i have a colder plug in the centre cylinder of my KH but were talking dinosaur technology there...

TT, did you notice your akra centre pipe was clean and the 2 outers were a bit white?
Yes I did notice. It's the same on the Two Brother pipes.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Altered my settings last night to 10, there were all 0 when I started. Bike is standard, and has done 1700 miles.
It does feel better, its noticebly better when cranked over, and your feeding the power in to exit the corner, the power comes in more controlled. I also seemed to be getting better mpg, the best I have had, and it felt like I was riding in the same manner as always.
I have got a fast ride planned tomorrow with a mate on his big bang R1, that will be a good test, and I will report back tomorrow night

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Altered my settings last night to 10, there were all 0 when I started. Bike is standard, and has done 1700 miles.
It does feel better, its noticebly better when cranked over, and your feeding the power in to exit the corner, the power comes in more controlled. I also seemed to be getting better mpg, the best I have had, and it felt like I was riding in the same manner as always.
I have got a fast ride planned tomorrow with a mate on his big bang R1, that will be a good test, and I will report back tomorrow night
Awesome. Wud b interested to c how u got on if it was on 14..?

Last edited:

PaulG

Reaction score

Actually,on the MT09, this is not true.Each cylinder is tuned to have peak torque at a different rev range.Each cylinder has a different length intake trumpet and a different length exhaust header.This gives the engine it's flat torque curve.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually,on the MT09, this is not true.Each cylinder is tuned to have peak torque at a different rev range.Each cylinder has a different length intake trumpet and a different length exhaust header.This gives the engine it's flat torque curve.
wot???

where's the "flat torque curve" here then???

photo-6_kindlephoto-3009471.JPG

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry,If you can't see that the 09 has a much flatter torque curve than most bikes ,except maybe the GSF1250,I can't help you.
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I needed help but thank u for it anyway.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I know what you mean, maybe "linear" might have been a better word that "flat", and yeah I can also see how the MT has a more linear curve than alot of other bikes.

Sent from outer space

relz

Reaction score

Would you happen to have that Dyno graph?
I'd be interested to see what kind of difference is noticeable between the CO 0 and 14 settings.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would you happen to have that Dyno graph?
I'd be interested to see what kind of difference is noticeable between the CO 0 and 14 settings.
No, sadly not. We didn't print out for the stock pipe as it was just a quick check to see wot the readout was before we put the Akrapovič on for him

relz

Reaction score
No, sadly not. We didn't print out for the stock pipe as it was just a quick check to see wot the readout was before we put the Akrapovič on for him

How about with the Akra pipe? Do you have a before/after setting the CO graph?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How about with the Akra pipe? Do you have a before/after setting the CO graph?
This is the dyno results on the Akrapovič before set set it up rite

This is the Akrapovič set up results along side the results for the Two Brothers set up

relz

Reaction score

This is the Akrapovič set up results along side the results for the Two Brothers set up

To be honest, they look pretty much alike to me. :confused:

Please bear with me...
What exactly am I looking for, i.e. in what aspects does the 14 CO graph look better than the stock setup?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be honest, they look pretty much alike to me. :confused:

Please bear with me...
What exactly am I looking for, i.e. in what aspects does the 14 CO graph look better than the stock setup?
The massive dip in the first air/fuel graph has been smoothed out in the second graph

relz

Reaction score
I guess these things are in the eye of the beholder.

To me it seems that in both graphs, the Airl/Fuel ratio starts at 18 (don't know the units), dips down to 13, climbs back up to around 15 and then settles at around 14, and this all happens at the exact same revs too.
The only difference I see between them is in the scale of the Y axis.

Either I need to get my eyes checked :eek:, or you're talking about minute changes that I'm ignoring.

RipGroove

Reaction score

According to that then the Two Brothers torque graph dips between 5-6k, wonder why that is?

Sent from outer space

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess these things are in the eye of the beholder.

To me it seems that in both graphs, the Airl/Fuel ratio starts at 18 (don't know the units), dips down to 13, climbs back up to around 15 and then settles at around 14, and this all happens at the exact same revs too.
The only difference I see between them is in the scale of the Y axis.

Either I need to get my eyes checked :eek:, or you're talking about minute changes that I'm ignoring.
Look again...! The Two Brothers Air/Fuel starts at 13 rises to 15 and then settles back out at around 13....!