This is what I learned today !!!

groundhog

Reaction score
Jeeeez £3k!! Hope they get it sorted before the decent weather finally arrives.

Haven't been to Loomies for quite a while but will make the effort to get over there a bit more this year. Last time I went on my Aprilia Mille I parked towards the back of the carpark then had to wait for a couple of hours to get back out as it filled up so quickly. Anyway, hope to see you there or Alton some time.
Yes I hope it's not too long. I have the ER6, but it's just not the same as the Tracer ! And yes hope to catch up with you sometime at Loomies or Alton (On my Tracer !!)

Last edited:

groundhog

Reaction score
Got a call from the dealer today saying the Insurance company has given them the go ahead to repair my bike:D It's just a question now of how long it takes for the parts to come ?? Hopefully not too long !

groundhog

Reaction score
Obviously that's if it's ordered by a Yamaha dealership and not a normal bike dealer...
Cheers mate that sounds encouraging :) Yes it is a main dealer, but I was wondering with the Tracer being a new model whether they would be up to speed yet on stocks ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheers mate that sounds encouraging :) Yes it is a main dealer, but I was wondering with the Tracer being a new model whether they would be up to speed yet on stocks ?
They shud be. They will also want to get it done quick as warranty work doesn't pay very well lol

Psycho Paul

Reaction score
Thats the Sunday I was there on my 2015 Race Blue MT-09 and my son on his 2015 Race Blue MT-07

I said 2015 Race Blue coz its more Gray...

groundhog

Reaction score
Got a call from the dealers today and my bike is all done and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait :D
There was a slight delay waiting for the new tank to come in but all done and dusted within a month, including the recall. Also my rack came in so that's done too. Still waiting for the panniers though !

Thanks to Crescent Yamaha in Bournemouth for getting it sorted as soon as possible

Spook99

Reaction score
I'm gutted for you. I know I'd have been so angry.
Something I never wanna search on YouTube but when I ordered my Tracer my mate pointed me to 'MT09 Tracer Accident'. He gets taken out on a round about having just picked up the bike from new! But doesn't sound as bad as you.
Wish you back on two wheels soon

groundhog

Reaction score
I'm gutted for you. I know I'd have been so angry.
Something I never wanna search on YouTube but when I ordered my Tracer my mate pointed me to 'MT09 Tracer Accident'. He gets taken out on a round about having just picked up the bike from new! But doesn't sound as bad as you.
Wish you back on two wheels soon
Cheers mate. Yes I was angry !! I've kept my hand in on the ER6 hire bike the insurance (Hers!) provided me with and back on mine tomorrow :)

Paul

Reaction score
Got a call from the dealers today and my bike is all done and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait :D
There was a slight delay waiting for the new tank to come in but all done and dusted within a month, including the recall. Also my rack came in so that's done too. Still waiting for the panniers though !

Thanks to Crescent Yamaha in Bournemouth for getting it sorted as soon as possible

Glad you got your bike back quick and you survived to ride another day.

My dealer called me today to make sure I knew my bike was booked in on Sat for the recall. I asked while on the phone when my free pannier set would be here (been waiting 4 weeks on Sat)
"Let me have a look.....the good news is they have been ordered........delivery date is........ 1st June"
At least I know and they'll be here before I go to Europe in September!
Also ordered a Givi rack, plate, top box and back rest last Friday. received an email on Monday stating the rack is out of stock and will not be in until end of the month......hopefully.
The words accessories and rocking horse shit spring to mind.

Last edited:

groundhog

Reaction score
Glad you got your bike back quick and you survived to ride another day.

My dealer called me today to make sure I knew my bike was booked in on Sat for the recall. I asked while on the phone when my free pannier set would be here (been waiting 4 weeks on Sat)
"Let me have a look.....the good news is they have been ordered........delivery date is........ 1st June"
At least I know and they'll be here before I go to Europe in September!
Also ordered a Givi rack, plate, top box and back rest last Friday. received an email on Monday stating the rack is out of stock and will not be in until end of the month......hopefully.
The words accessories and rocking horse shit spring to mind.
Thanks mate it will be good to get back on it.

I was told end of March for the rack and that just came in, so not bad. As for the panniers I was quoted mid April and no sign yet. They had better be here for June as my trip to the Alps is mid June !!

I think it's pretty poor when you are sold a bike as a 'sports tourer' and order panniers and rack with it for the obvious reason of touring, then have to wait weeks or months to get them !

It's a bit like ordering a new three piece suite only to be told the cushions won't be available for another six weeks !!!

Yamaha should have the accessories stock ready to go when they start taking orders for their bikes