over before it began.....for now!

flying circus

Reaction score
only ever saw photos of this bike, that along with the numbers was enough, were do I sign is cash ok..................... wtf no abs well that's a deal breaker so have ordered new f800gt. abs is standard in Germany and will follow in the uk so why the delay, Yamaha sale lost. I am sure I will be back the bike looks too good. how serious was I well check out DVLA reg site ................ mt 09 fun or mt 09 boy @ £250.00 get them asap.
will stay on this site to follow you all.
stuart

robodene

Reaction score
Really, so sorry you have had to buy a BMW l:/ Never mind, the very next batch of MT-09s will be '2015 year' and with ABS! (IMHO) Also, of course, £n,nnn pounds very much more expensive. As a pared down model, the current price even looks like an investment to me. Where's me purse?
Robo

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
Can't really say that the ABS matter much for me. Maybe it's a thing to get used to, but my two previous bikes have not had ABS and I've had to dose the braking according to road conditions.

flying circus

Reaction score
thanks for posts boys, like most people I do the bulk of my braking on the front, along time ago on a kh250 I had a pretty major crash and it as left my right foot/ankle pretty useless and I am prone to locking rear wheel in emergency situations I think Yamaha want the bike to weigh in less then the triumph hence smaller tank and no abs in the uk. but it will follow within a year so all is not lost.
don't give up on me start the party without me I will be along asap(was offered straight swop for gs) I have at to pay money for f800gt. will some uk buyer please get those reg plates too good to miss.

flying circus

Reaction score
supermotoboy glad your loving that mt-09 it really is a great bit of kit reminds of my tdr 250. I change my bikes to coincide with my insurance renewal which was on 1 oct I hate paying for "changes " mid term, as soon as the Yamaha was first shown I wanted one, I had a deal for straight swap for my r1200gs but lack of abs was the deal breaker. I have brought a new bmw f800gt which is a great bit of kit, not as mad as the Yamaha but still a lot of fun and no chain and 65mpg.
dealer still wants me to take mt-09 out even though next bike is not for 2/3 years!

Stripy

Reaction score
Flying circus,
Hope you get a great time with the BMW.
It might be dangerous to get a test ride on the MT, the £30 fees to swap insurance hopefully isn't an issue, if you could wait a month to get the bike you really wanted ;)
Never the less, we'll still nod and say hello, even we are on the dark side ;)

flying circus

Reaction score
but if I am on my vanvan you be thinking omg that is the coolest bike I have ever seen!!!!!!

flying circus

Reaction score
All things come to those that wait and show a little patience.....
shiny new MT 09 Tracer in mountain green sits in the garage.
Took 4 years to get there but very very pleased with it.
Are any members who welcomed me back in 2013 still using the forum?
Regardless it is great to back on the forum with the bike I always wanted.
Drinks on me!