Trading in my Tracy.......for another one

Spook99

Reaction score
Not been on the forum for ages but had to put it out there. Had my Tracer just shy of 4 years and love it, served me proud and been over Europe with it. Added an akro, tank bag mount, rad guard, some engine case protectors, led indicators, heated grips, got the pannier 'bars' that come off the foot pegs for soft panniers, gps mount above the dial, metal guard for the coolant res and the low (short arse) seat. In my mind all I could want from a bike................... then started getting itchy feet this year.

Checked out the Tiger 800 XCX, nice, lots of gadgets, but ultimately didn't go and stop as well as my Tracy, so why would I want to go backwards?

So the new Tracer GT turns up in the showroom, feckity feck, its got it all, my bike, but better planted with the extra 60mm swing arm, short shifter, cruise control, one hand adjustable screen, easy adjustable suspension, hard panniers, better seats. Oh feck its drawn me in..................

Can't do better, so picking it up next week! Can't stop smiling............................

Spook99

Reaction score
And to add, the dealer’s going to transfer my (£900 when new) Akro, led indicators, rad guard, engine case protectors and tank bag mount onto the new one. Feels like a win win.

catteeclan

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. Been out on mine all afternoon and can't really fault it other than the seat. But I get a sore arse sitting my sofa.

gaztracer900gt

Reaction score
Spook99,This is great to hear,can't wait to get my tracer gt,iv'e got an mt10 brilliant but can't have it as your only bike as tank range and the headlights are crap,the tracer gt for me will be my perfect all year round bike and the mt10 for sunday blasts.