Which Exhaust system

Boggo

Reaction score
Hey all - first post!

I'm moving from a 15 tracer 900 to a 17 MT09 this weekend. I have the Ti Akra that will be coming off the tracer, but I'm considering ebaying this and getting myself a new system. But whats best?

I like the look of the Akra race carbon but its ££. I saw a video of an SC Projects one that looks pretty sexy.....
I commute so I don't want something that is deafening (the Ti Akra gives me a headache after 10 mins with the DB Killer out), and I would also like to be able to track the bike at some point.

What do you guys suggest/anyone want to buy the Akra?

mccoffee

Reaction score
Yeah, not too active,,,

I'm considering Termignoni, black version for my MT09 2017. It looks quite nice to me. SC Projects race version looks good, but I guess it is way too loud for me - there is no possibility to use soundkiller at all.

And personally I don't like the look of Akra's headers, they are so far from the engine....

Last edited:

Boggo

Reaction score
Termignoni does look good. I'm on an all black MT09 2017 so it would look nice.... I'd really like to hear an SC projects one in person.

Anyone go to the Ace cafe on here with aftermarket exhausts?

marcinn06

Reaction score
I bought Dominator hp3 exhaust to my MT 09. It's loud. Very :)

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Andy.Stewart

Reaction score
I have a Leo vince on my mt09 2014 it follows the contours of the bike and sounds sweet with or without the baffle exiting from underneath looks great too.
Andy.

wakers

Reaction score
How was the akra with the baffle in I'm also looking at exhausts and I also don't want anything to loud as I mostly commute, but the original one sounds naff and weighs a ton lol

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

dandanthesmellyman

Reaction score
I don't have exhaust as yet but bike is tracked with Meta System. Was a bit pricey with install but £100 yearly subscription so not terrible and your bike is tracked the whole time.

I've been to ace cafe with race pipes on all my old bikes boggo. You london based then?

Morseman

Reaction score
Having watched a YouTube video about the pros and cons of changing the exhaust system, I'm leaving mine as it is.

64mara

Reaction score
I have Akrapovic from Yamaha (titanium) without dB killer. The sound is amazing. At a slower speed, I hear it a little bit more, but as I speed up a bit, it's okay.

donut

Reaction score
Hey all - first post!

I'm moving from a 15 tracer 900 to a 17 MT09 this weekend. I have the Ti Akra that will be coming off the tracer, but I'm considering ebaying this and getting myself a new system. But whats best?

I like the look of the Akra race carbon but its ££. I saw a video of an SC Projects one that looks pretty sexy.....
I commute so I don't want something that is deafening (the Ti Akra gives me a headache after 10 mins with the DB Killer out), and I would also like to be able to track the bike at some point.

What do you guys suggest/anyone want to buy the Akra?
I would have thought that selling your Akra Ti on Ebay or similar would give you enough (or close) to buy an Akra carbon.

If the Akra Ti is too loud for you then you may find the carbon the same or worse as I believe that they are not road legal and therefore louder (at least than the Ti with baffle in).

Have you tried cutting down/removing the internal pipes from the inside of the Ti baffle as these make it louder without making it too anti-social or headache inducing.

If you haven't tried this yet and are wary of doing it then maybe we should meet up and you can hear mine as I think we're pretty close if you're near Heathrow as I'm near Bracknell.

Last edited:

RTV

Reaction score
If you want to save some money and get something with really nice quality and a lovely sound I can recommend the "Black Widow" full exhaust. They have a few options for the slip-on either titanium or carbon and different sizes and shapes.

Very nice people to deal with and shipping was extremely fast, I can post a few pics of mine if you're interested.

PS: I have no affiliation with them, just a happy customer :)

mt09mike

Reaction score
Seems no one has experience with Graves full titanium system
Apparently the only system with titanium headers. To me rust on header is quiet annoying.

woodie100

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to adapt the original exhaust on the Tracer to make it sound fruitier? I can't afford to change the exhaust system atm but would love it to sound a tad more throaty. Any easy mods that you know of?
I have seen YouTube videos of cutting the baffle box in half and changing the innards but this seems quite drastic and not confident in doing this kind of mod, any ideas that wont cost an arm and a leg??
Cheers
JonB

Last edited: