*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

kernow

Reaction score
Well here's proof if proof were really needed, prior to my recent flash by Simon my best mpg reading was 58.8-mpg and that was up around 3-mpg on the 55-mpg I use to get prior to my own mods ie std modified exhaust system, k&n air filter and the CO set to position 14 on each cylinder.
So I did around 150miles today covering A-roads, B-roads and some dual carridgeway riding, and I wasn't exactly hanging around. Checked the reading upon arriving back home, could hardly believe what I saw now up to 63-mpg, wow that's a big improvement of over 4 mpg. So I'm delighted to say the least, especially seeing how the current rate fuel is going up day by day. :D

Lozzo

Reaction score
Here's another positive review of Simon at S-Tech's work. I dropped my bike into him a couple of weeks ago for the full flash and dyno work, because after fitting an Arrow full system it really wasn't running at all properly. He also fitted a K+N air filter I supplied.

When I picked it up that evening Simon explained everything I needed to know before handing the keys over. I could tell as soon as I pulled away from his unit that he'd done something good to it - the transition from closed to partially open throttle was so much smoother and less snatchy. At low speeds around town I no longer have to switch to B mode to overcome the lurching and jittery throttle, it's smooth as silk - I can now roll down to 20mph in top and pull away smoothly from that. He's removed the limiter in 5th and 6th and I can tell you it will register 152mph on private closed roads and autobahns, but it does get a bit light at the front and scarily weavy/headsakey at those speeds. It's just... better everywhere.

I'm not an A mode rider, though now he's managed to work wonders with B mode and Std I may well be trying it out a bit more when I'm in the mood for silliness. Fuel consumption is better, though looking at others figures I think I may be harder on the throttle than some.

All in all the bike is completely different to ride, in a very good way and I would most definitely recommend Simon and S-Tech... and not just because he commented on how clean my bike was :).

fizzy

Reaction score
He definitely knows his stuff sorted my 09 and mt 10sp and will be doing my 09sp as soon as it's run in! can't recommend Simon at S-Tech enough top service and the best mod you will do on your mt 09

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Hi Fizzy I’ve just swapped my 2013 mt 09 which I had flashed by Simon to a new Mt09 Sp
did you have your Mt09 Sp flashed and if so what’s it like
Thanks

fizzy

Reaction score
Hi Fizzy I’ve just swapped my 2013 mt 09 which I had flashed by Simon to a new Mt09 Sp
did you have your Mt09 Sp flashed and if so what’s it like
Thanks
Hi Mate how are you doing? Long time no see ;)

No not had it done yet but it will be with him in the next week or 2 ,I have just got back off my hols hopefully get the ecu removed and down to him soon, the gains should be as good if not better than the original flash on our earlier mt09s ,and we all know what a vast difference that made! Don't think about twice mate still the best mod for the bike especially now you have the sp with the top suspension, and as you know Simon has a vast knowledge of the entire mt range, I'll post on hear as soon as it's done!.20180827_163301.jpg

Last edited:

woodie100

Reaction score
Just back from the Manchester dark side tour. Told by a staff member that the new Flash has been installed in all new MT09 versions and that it is has been rolled out to dealers...not sure when all dealers will have it but 'it's here'! Think that I will have it done and compare performance with and without the G2 Tamer.
Can you clarify what year you class as new MT09 please? Thanks

woodie100

Reaction score
I don’t even begin to understand how or the benefits of flashing the ECU on the bike. However, I watched a video on YouTube of how to quickly get rid of the snatchy throttle response by changing a setting with the mixture delivery (I think!!?) this has made a huge difference but not too sure what the effects will be if any to the health of the bike if that makes sense!🤔
I hope it’s not damaging the bike in any way but there appears to be no ill effects or lack in performance but it’s so much smoother when accelerating with a nice little pop on deacceleration which is sweet!
Put it out there for the more experienced to guide me🙈
Cheers
JonB

UPDATE:- This is the video i used to change the CO setting on the tracer.

Last edited:

woodie100

Reaction score
If yours is a 16 plate it will have the revised ECU flash from Yamaha , but still not a patch on the S-tec set up ,,, not unless it's been done by the previous owner
I havent met the previous owner but from the dealer was telling me, he was a perfectionist and also a blood biker so I am guessing not. (not that being a blood biker is in any way boring, in fact, I used to be one myself before I went on the lorries as their voluntary work is mainly due the night/weekend work I wouldn't get the rest periods required by low.

Last edited:

fizzy

Reaction score
Just had my first ride out since Simon flashed my mt09sp,what a difference the bike has been transformed! This is the 3rd bikes he has done for me and the results speak for themselves if you want to unlock the potential of your mt don't think twice definitely the best mod you can do to your bike!

cam147

Reaction score
Just had my first ride out since Simon flashed my mt09sp,what a difference the bike has been transformed! This is the 3rd bikes he has done for me and the results speak for themselves if you want to unlock the potential of your mt don't think twice definitely the best mod you can do to your bike!
Did you have any other mods to your bike before the flash and was it dyno tuned as well. I am not sure if to go custom or just send ecu , thanks. Was there any hp gain

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Did you have any other mods to your bike before the flash and was it dyno tuned as well. I am not sure if to go custom or just send ecu , thanks. Was there any hp gain
Don't go chasing HP gains with these bikes. You can scrape a few HP here and there with some hardware mods and the associated tuning, but these reflashes are more about the 'rideability' of the bike and bringing it all together how it should have been out of the factory. A few HP can be 'released' but it's not what it's about really.

The jerkiness goes from the on/off nature of the throttle and the bike feels a bit more 'alive'. With throttle mapping the bike can be made to feel more powerful but it's really just the affect that a quick action throttle gives. Overall it's a great mod (I reflashed mine with a custom setup I can do myself), but it's a rabbit hole chasing HP and usually an expensive one for little gains.