Givi touring screen

Charliebear

Reaction score
Hi ,I’m open to any advice on this , I have just put on a givi touring screen on my 17 plate mt09 tracer, , only problem is that the front plate seems very wobbly where the screen sits , the plastic bolts tighten up but come loose , how can I get the screen more stable ?

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I have a palmer product screen and mounting kit on my 2017 Tracer, it does move about a bit on the original base, the screen adjuster bolts do become loose, there is an article on this forum concerning the problem and the remedy does work

Wynner

Reaction score
Mine's a 2017 and I've had the screen on for 18 months now. It really quietens the ride. The screen bolts have never come loose but the screen height adjuster screw keeps vibrating loose on the left side. I never need to raise or lower the screen so a drop of loctite on the thread does it for me.

woodie100

Reaction score
Have a look on the FJ09 forum in the states, might get an answer there.
Hi JohnD
Wondered where the thread is for this as I find that I am having to tighten up the bolts mainly on one side but sometimes both as they undo with the vibration of the ride. I’d prefer not too araldite the threads hence fixing it permanently in one position as I tend to raise/lower the Givi screen dependant if it’s raining or not.
Thanks for you’re help.

JonB

woodie100

Reaction score
I have a palmer product screen and mounting kit on my 2017 Tracer, it does move about a bit on the original base, the screen adjuster bolts do become loose, there is an article on this forum concerning the problem and the remedy does work
Hi Littlebruv
Can you point me in the right direction to where this post is please as I can’t seem to find it?
thanks mate
JonB

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi Woodie100
I will try and find the whereabouts on the forum concerning the issue, but it was quite some time ago

woodie100

Reaction score
Hi there Littlebruv
I was thinking along the same lines as to pack it out a tad. Thinking of a spring washer but if nylon washers do the trick I’ll do the same!
Thanks for taking the time to find the link again for me, very much appreciated mate 👍👍👋👋👋
Cheers
JonB

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi Woodie
I have to be honest I used stainless steel spring washers that I had handy, just a fiddly job to do though so have some paper towel or rag to cover in large gaps so if the washer falls it just falls into the towel or rag instead of going missing into the voids