Information I'm back !

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Well its a year ago I had to sell my 2015 Tracer due to financial reasons, but a year later I can now afford to come back into the Tracer fold but this time with a 2018 Tracer 900GT!
When the old bike went I compromised and got a CB650R on PCP as thats all I could afford, don't get me wrong it is a great bike but riding 2 up most of the time almost brought me to the divorce courts !
Anyway things have recently improved finance wise so today I organised the GT with the local garage that took the old bike, its the Black/Silver version with 5k miles on it and will pick it up in a couple of weeks.
Really glad to get the improved version, the old one had such an addictive pull it was hard to compare to the CB, which didn't !
Anyway I'm back again and I am hoping this time its a keeper, alongside my 20 year old Blackbird !

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Nice one, I have a 2016 Tracer and would be keen to hear more on the differences between the old model and the newer GT.

Worth the upgrade or just tweaks here and there?

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Actually pick her up on Monday, got 5k miles on and 2 years old so only just run in !
Theses are the photos from the dealer from today.20200717_165713.jpg20200717_165649.jpg20200717_165733.jpg

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Turns out it only had 1600 miles on it so the sales guy was well pissed off !
Couple of photos from last weekend when it was sunny !
Also got a question, which RAM mount do you guys use that doesn't attach to the handlebars ?
Any recommendations ?lecht.jpgDufftown.jpg

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Welcome back
RAM mount for satnav did you mean ?, I use the Yamaha mount, most don't like it but listening through custom earplugs suits me ok

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
RAM mount for satnav did you mean ?, I use the Yamaha mount, most don't like it but listening through custom earplugs suits me ok
Yeah I have an old Garmin I use which is good enough and normally used a RAM mount on the handlebars but its really not a good position, have seen some mounts behind the screen but early ones vibrated too much so you couldn't read the sat nav screen on the go! Will have a look at the Yamaha one, thanks

Last edited: