*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So.... I'm stood in my mates dealership this afternoon discussing the finer points of the MT with one of the sales guys and a chap later to be known as "Simon" is wandering around looking at all the MT's on display, I notice him looking at them and then looking at us so on and so forth. Eventually he comes over and asks if I have one and wot I think of it etc etc. I tell him my thoughts and we begin to chat. He then says he's just moved into the area (a couple of miles from me and the dealership)!

Now comes the juicy bit lol.

He says to me "have u been on the "unofficial MT forum"? to which I reply "yes I have indeed"! Lol.

This guy (Simon)! is the guy who has just FLASHED A well known stunters ECU. Well as u can imagine.... The conversation just ramped up a notch or 50!!!

Turns out Simon is a whiz at this sort of thing as well as Dyno work and all the other bits that go with tuning bikes.

So we start to chat about wot he cud do to the MT with regards to flashing it etc.

He says he MAY be able to eliminate the snatchy throttle, he can un restrict the 5th and 6th gear (which by the way is restricted to 9200rpm)! Do away with the need for a throttle tammer. Sort out the fuelling, remove the engine breaking, stop the popping and banging and shed loads of other things so there's absolutely no need for a power commander....!

We spoke about how he wud do all this and he said he wud come to u, plug into the ECU and bobs ya uncle... ECU flashed just like that....!

I asked him about prices and he said he wud be looking for around £120 to do it. All we wud have to do to make life easier for him (and save him time) is to remove the tank and unplug the ECU for when he arrived....!

So......!

Let's discuss this then as I believe this cud be an absolute winner for us MT owners. I for one have already said I will get it done and I will be taking off the PCV and getting the ECU flashed.....

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
So.... I'm stood in my mates dealership this afternoon discussing the finer points of the MT with one of the sales guys and a chap later to be known as "Simon" is wandering around looking at all the MT's on display, I notice him looking at them and then looking at us so on and so forth. Eventually he comes over and asks if I have one and wot I think of it etc etc. I tell him my thoughts and we begin to chat. He then says he's just moved into the area (a couple of miles from me and the dealership)!

He says to me "have u been on the "unofficial MT forum"? to which I reply "yes I have indeed"! Lol.
He then then asks if I have heard of someone called Dave Coats?! Obviously I say "Yes"!
He then drops the mother of all bombshells on me to which I nearly sex weed all over myself....!

This guy (Simon)! is the guy who has just FLASHED Dave's ECU on his MT stunter.....! Well as u can imagine.... The conversation just ramped up a notch of 50!!!

Turns out Simon is a whiz at this sort of thing as well as having his own dyno business and all the other bits that go with tuning bikes.

So we start to chat about wot he cud do to the MT with regards to flashing it etc.

He says he can completely eliminate the snatchy throttle, un restrict the 5th and 6th gear (which by the way is restricted to 9200rpm)! Do away with the need for a throttle tammer (Dave had one on till it was flashed and now it's come off again as there's no need for it at all)! Completely sort out the fuelling and shed loads of other things so there's absolutely no need for a power commander....!

We spoke about how he wud do all this and he said he wud come to u, plug into the ECU and bobs ya uncle... ECU flashed just like that....!

I asked him about prices and he said he wud be looking for around £120 to do it. All we wud have to do to make life easier for him (and save him time) is to remove the tank and unplug the ECU for when he arrived....!

So......!

Let's discuss this then as I believe this cud be an absolute winner for us MT owners. I for one have already said I will get it done and I will be taking off the PCV and getting the ECU flashed.....
wow will be interesting to see how it performs on your bike tt, when you getting flashed ?

l34chy

Reaction score

He then then asks if I have heard of someone called Dave Coats?! Obviously I say "Yes"!
He then drops the mother of all bombshells on me to which I nearly sex weed all over myself....!

This guy (Simon)! is the guy who has just FLASHED Dave's ECU on his MT stunter.....! Well as u can imagine.... The conversation just ramped up a notch of 50!!!

Turns out Simon is a whiz at this sort of thing as well as having his own dyno business and all the other bits that go with tuning bikes.

He says he can completely eliminate the snatchy throttle, un restrict the 5th and 6th gear (which by the way is restricted to 9200rpm)! Do away with the need for a throttle tammer (Dave had one on till it was flashed and now it's come off again as there's no need for it at all)! Completely sort out the fuelling and shed loads of other things so there's absolutely no need for a power commander....!

So......!

so if i understand this correctly if i want this done, I will have to bring my bike to him or can i just send my ecu.
That must of been a very interesting chat! nice when you got it booked in then?

M

MT account

im in, ill book him a flight.......does he want a window seat or aisle? ill put him up in a seaview condo, is he busy in october?

M

MT account

wimbledon common?...........does he do dremmeling?

...........i forgot to tell you about him the other day, i was too busy getting soaked when dave gave me his number.......:rolleyes:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
wow will be interesting to see how it performs on your bike tt, when you getting flashed ?
We're gonna get it done as soon as we both get some time. Gotta take the PCV off first lol

so if i understand this correctly if i want this done, I will have to bring my bike to him or can i just send my ecu.
That must of been a very interesting chat! nice when you got it booked in then?
U can either post it, ride down here or he can come to u as he goes to Sheffield a lot I believe. It was a VERY interesting chat believe me lol.

im in, ill book him a flight.......does he want a window seat or aisle? ill put him up in a seaview condo, is he busy in october?
Just bring it back with u lol

I am would be any discount if we all met up some were
Cud ask I guess...

wimbledon common?...........does he do dremmeling?

...........i forgot to tell you about him the other day, i was too busy getting soaked when dave gave me his number.......:rolleyes:
Send me his number coz it hasn't come through yet...

Last edited:

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Are there any warranty/insurance implications for getting this done? I am soooooo interested........

M

MT account

you didnt get it? ill pm it over now.............bloody smart fones:mad:

Cypher

Reaction score
Pmsl.....there's still time mate lol.
Hehe, the decision has been made...

Was riding it from work, filled up and did a quick wash in Shell. Felt a bit nostalgic almost, feels like I've been through much with it. Probably too much :D

Will definitely be sorry to see it go. I hope I've made the right choice, if not then it's only a piece of metal at the end of the day so I can always buy another one. One that won't have weird noises :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are there any warranty/insurance implications for getting this done? I am soooooo interested........
As far as I know there isn't as it is impossible to know it has been done and unlike the "New Yamaha update"..... it can be restored back to stock ecu...

Obviously if ur found to have a power commander on and something goes wrong or u rite it off... Yamaha won't touch it and uv lost out on a bike... so this seems like the best option...

Spot

Reaction score
Is it possible to do what he does but via the PCV ?

fizzy

Reaction score
Simon did mine at the same time he did Dave's ( the first 2 he had done ) and it's made a massive difference he can tweak the ECU remove limiters in 5th 6th gears and even set A mode to default and much more , this guy knows his stuff well worth the money, forgot to mention running a akrapovic with co set to 14 and still have my throttle tamer on at the moment

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*****ECU "news" flash*****

Is it possible to do what he does but via the PCV ?
No bud... this is far more in depth than a PCV can go. Forgot to mention that he can also set the default start up mode to A instead of STD.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Simon did mine at the same time he did Dave's ( the first 2 he had done ) and it's made a massive difference he can tweak the ECU remove limiters in 5th 6th gears and even set A mode to default and much more , this guy knows his stuff well worth the money, forgot to mention running a akrapovic with co set to 14 and still have my throttle tamer on at the moment
Ahhh so ur the other guy he mentioned. He said u were well happy with it. Sorry I forgot ur name. He did tell me.