Big Hooters !!

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Sorry, not those !

Just wondered which louder horns you guys had managed to fit ?

Had to use mine again tonight but the meep meep is pathetic !!

I do have a bigger one to fit but there is nowhere inside the panels big enough to take anything decent so wondered what you lots had ?

I know the Sound Bomb can be bought it 2 pieces but I tried one on my Blackbird but it didn't last very long, sort of fell to bits !

I could always fit this bigger air horn to the crash bars but I think it would look daft and open to getting bashed/soaked.

Cheers

Reaction score
Huh, Huh, Huh, he said hooters...

images.jpg

Been looking for something too, the standard horn is pretty rubbish, it reminds me of a smart car horn...

ib1-2

Reaction score
Fitted one of these. Had two off my previous bike but can only find room to fit one. Makes your presence known.

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Finally ordered a Denali Soundbomb which I will have to clamp onto the crash bars, not ideal but looked at others (like the mini) but all the sound clips I heard weren't that much better than stock. So instead of hiding it inside (almost impossible!) I'll have it loud and proud on the outside !

I've also just ordered one of the Piaa's because I didn't know about them until this post above, so thanks for the info !

Can use the Soundbomb on my Blackbird so will have a choice !

Last edited:

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Update !
Soundbomb arrived but absolutely no chance of that going on so thats going on the Blackbird.
Then today the Piaa's arrived and as you can see both of them went on a treat with a couple of spacers behind. I still need to tidy up the riding but my god what a sound !

Also no relay needed just a bit of jiggery pokery with the split feed.

Have a listen HERE !!

Thanks to Mr ib1-2 above for the info.

Attachments

Reaction score
Update !
Soundbomb arrived but absolutely no chance of that going on so thats going on the Blackbird.
Then today the Piaa's arrived and as you can see both of them went on a treat with a couple of spacers behind. I still need to tidy up the riding but my god what a sound !

Also no relay needed just a bit of jiggery pokery with the split feed.

Have a listen HERE !!

Thanks to Mr ib1-2 above for the info.
Bloody hell, they're good! i might have to invest.

How are mounting options, not sure i'd want them right at the front.... (just to be awkward!)

ib1-2

Reaction score
Finally ordered a Denali Soundbomb which I will have to clamp onto the crash bars, not ideal but looked at others (like the mini) but all the sound clips I heard weren't that much better than stock. So instead of hiding it inside (almost impossible!) I'll have it loud and proud on the outside !

I've also just ordered one of the Piaa's because I didn't know about them until this post above, so thanks for the info !

Can use the Soundbomb on my Blackbird so will have a choice !
How did you mount them Mr Quinlan? I tried all sort of options but couldn't the two to fit.

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
How did you mount them Mr Quinlan? I tried all sort of options but couldn't the two to fit.
Just behind the horns you can see the heads of 2 Allan Screws. They fit into 2 tapped holes in the lower fork brace. Those holes are for a small black bracket that supports the original horn and also a cable support for the horn. They are a real fiddle to get your hands in (mine anyway!) but if you take the original horn/bracket off you will see the RH one. You will need spacers about 25mm long to bring the horn mounting plate away from the fork brace as well.
Have to watch the threads though, after temporarily fitting them last nite, I removed the RH screw to add some locktite, that was a mistake ! The alloy of the fork brace must be real soft because I must have slightly damaged the thread getting it out and took me half an hour to get the bloody thing back in and I know I cross threaded the damn thing but it was the only way to get it in, Mind you it didn't take much effort to get the new screw in so the alloy must be like plastic ! Needless to say I didn't need the thread lock !
I'll try and get a photo from underneath with it all fitted coz I'm not taking them off again !!

Last edited:

ib1-2

Reaction score
Just behind the horns you can see the heads of 2 Allan Screws. They fit into 2 tapped holes in the lower fork brace. Those holes are for a small black bracket that supports the original horn and also a cable support for the horn. They are a real fiddle to get your hands in (mine anyway!) but if you take the original horn/bracket off you will see the RH one. You will need spacers about 25mm long to bring the horn mounting plate away from the fork brace as well.
Have to watch the threads though, after temporarily fitting them last nite, I removed the RH screw to add some locktite, that was a mistake ! The alloy of the fork brace must be real soft because I must have slightly damaged the thread getting it out and took me half an hour to get the bloody thing back in and I know I cross threaded the damn thing but it was the only way to get it in, Mind you it didn't take much effort to get the new screw in so the alloy must be like plastic ! Needless to say I didn't need the thread lock !
I'll try and get a photo from underneath with it all fitted coz I'm not taking them off again !!
Would appreciate a pic Mr Quinlan:)

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Sorry I was out riding at the weekend and forgot !
Definitely do it tomorrow, promise !!

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
Yeah looks good and sounds a lot better with both on.

Finally managed to get a couple of photos, the muddy one is from underneath, bike's been cleaned now !!

:D

Attachments

Big Julie

Reaction score
I'm thinking of removing the rear foot pegs, installing blanking plates and the 2 piaa horns either side of the bike, using a relay.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

andz

Reaction score
I'm thinking of removing the rear foot pegs, installing blanking plates and the 2 piaa horns either side of the bike, using a relay.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I think you will get more of a fright than the cager when that sound comes from behind you!

Big Julie

Reaction score
Fitted them both on the sidecover spaces. Used a relay under the seat to drive them. Very loud. Also looks good.