2017 Mt09 LED blinker wire diagram

Creebsy

Reaction score
Does anyone who has LED lights or the blinker plus have a wiring diagram or instructions on how to wire these in? Rather struggling a bit right now. Any help would be incredible. Cheers!

Tommy

Reaction score
Does anyone who has LED lights or the blinker plus have a wiring diagram or instructions on how to wire these in? Rather struggling a bit right now. Any help would be incredible. Cheers!
Not really sure where you're struggling, there are only 2 wires to each indicator. LEDs do need to be wired with the correct polarity and have either an led flasher unit or resistors in line, but apart from that its a straight swap from the standard indicators.

Rob_h

Reaction score
I have the Yamaha LED + indicators, they have running light and indicators on the front pair. Rear light and brake light as well as indicators on the rear, they were dealer fitted so sorry I don't have a wiring diagram for you.

LorenzoSouth

Reaction score
Hi Creebsy, I am having the same issue. Did you find where to connect the green cable for the front running light on the LED blinker plus units?

Update. Located the 12v aux power female plugs with male blanks behind the odo display. Ordered the male ends from eBay so I will connect into here for the plus front of the blinkers.

Last edited:

fazers1

Reaction score
Hi Creebsy, I am having the same issue. Did you find where to connect the green cable for the front running light on the LED blinker plus units?

Update. Located the 12v aux power female plugs with male blanks behind the odo display. Ordered the male ends from eBay so I will connect into here for the plus front of the blinkers.
Just link it into the sidelight wire

LorenzoSouth

Reaction score
Hi Fazer1, thanks for the heads up, do you know the best place to splice into that? Left or right side?

jp87

Reaction score

Hi, Same question
Did you find where to connect the green cable for the front running light on the LED blinker plus units?

LorenzoSouth

Reaction score
Hi, I did end up connecting them into the 12v power aux behind the ODO display, but if you remove the windscreen and plate behind it eventually you come across where the front aux lights are connected (green), I also removed the display when looming in the cable. It was all simple enough. If you haven already done so, ditch the resistor packs as they are crap to place and get a LED relay to replace the Yamaha stock relay. I got this one (MOTORCYCLE LED INDICATOR RELAY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT HONDA KAWASAKI SUZUKI: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike) and work like a charm. Lastly I did buy pre made Yamaha connector to bullet connector off of amazon and Yamaha aux male connectors off of eBay so I didn't have to cut into any cables. I hope this helps.

jp87

Reaction score
Hi, I did end up connecting them into the 12v power aux behind the ODO display, but if you remove the windscreen and plate behind it eventually you come across where the front aux lights are connected (green), I also removed the display when looming in the cable. It was all simple enough. If you haven already done so, ditch the resistor packs as they are crap to place and get a LED relay to replace the Yamaha stock relay. I got this one (MOTORCYCLE LED INDICATOR RELAY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT HONDA KAWASAKI SUZUKI: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike) and work like a charm. Lastly I did buy pre made Yamaha connector to bullet connector off of amazon and Yamaha aux male connectors off of eBay so I didn't have to cut into any cables. I hope this helps.
I can access the headlight cables, but still dont know which one is the one - there are 6 cables there.

jp87

Reaction score
I found it - it is a yellow with gold stripes. I have connected it just behind the front light. (MT09 - 2017).
It makes the front LED plus automatically ON, the same way like the front position LED. When hi beams are ON the front LEDs plus position lights are off. - it makes a nice effect when you make a flash.