Moving to the dark side... well, almost

andz

Reaction score
(I posted this on the FZ-6 forum but it seemed only appropriate to post it here too)

After 13 years on my FZ-6, some months of deliberating, test riding, cajoling the wife and perusing the bank balance over and over I finally did it.

I bought an MT-09 Tracer.

Last weekend we had our annual bike show and Yamaha had a show special of $750 off the sticker price of $10,600 so I decided the time was right and on Monday I put down a deposit for the dealer to order me a blue one.

Since then I have been having fun buying additional goodies, such as a Givi rack for my topboxes, an R&G Tail Tidy which I bought at the show as well (50% off) and today I sprang for an Akrapovic Carbon Racing Line pipe. I still want to get a Stebel Nautilus once I get the bike and make sure there is space for it, Rizoma Sportline grips, engine sliders and a paddock stand as the centre stand will have to go to make way for the pipe.

The dealer told me the bike should be there tomorrow and I told them not to uncrate it until I get there, pictures to follow :cool:

I still haven't decided what to do with the Fazer and I don't know where the newbie will park as I don't have much space. I thought of the dining room but I don't think those bars will fit through the front door...

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I used to have an FZ6, fantastic engine, loved it until I crashed it, eventually got the Tracer 900 after a CBR600FAC, getting used to a different style of riding with the 3 cylinder engine, nice exhaust tone though

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Let me join you on the dark side Andz (the force is strong in this one ;) ) I'm moving across from the FZ6 (and the forum) as well.
I'd put 144000 kms on my FZ6 so it was time for a change.Got the rack and heated grips as extra's :thumbup: should be picking it up in 2 weeks time.

andz

Reaction score
So this morning I got a call from the dealer and I thought "yay the bike is here!"

But NO!

He was calling me to tell me that the dealership is closing and they need to refund my holding deposit. Bummer for the employees, they were only told this morning. Now I have to find another dealer and start all over again :(

Gruffalo

Reaction score
So this morning I got a call from the dealer and I thought "yay the bike is here!"

But NO!

He was calling me to tell me that the dealership is closing and they need to refund my holding deposit. Bummer for the employees, they were only told this morning. Now I have to find another dealer and start all over again :(
Uuurgh what a pain Andz, hope you can find another dealer in the area, it's annoying to have to arrange everything again, good luck m8.

Last edited:

andz

Reaction score
There is another dealer closer to me, I was there this afternoon and when I told them the story they were shocked, the sales manager was immediately on the phone to Yamaha and I could see afterwards he was a bit shaken.

Anyway he called me a few minutes ago and confirmed they can hold the show special price, I'm just waiting for some details to pay another holding deposit :mad: and hopefully things will work out this time.

I just realised, the dealer I bought my then new Fazer from went belly up a couple of years later, now this dealer closed before I even got the bike, maybe I am a jinx LOL.

andz

Reaction score
This morning the dealer called me to tell me my bike had arrived :cool: so I told them to leave it in the crate until Monday as that's the earliest I can go.

This afternoon a box arrived from a faraway land...
IMG_2597.jpg

And inside were some silvery tubes and this carbon fibre thingie
IMG_2598.jpg

But the warning label says I can't use it on the road. Oh dear, tough shit!
IMG_2599.jpg

Gruffalo

Reaction score
BTW the place I bought my FZ-6 from also went belly up which really peaved me as after this the nearest yamaha dealer was 30 kilometers away :(.

This morning the dealer called me to tell me my bike had arrived :cool: so I told them to leave it in the crate until Monday as that's the earliest I can go.

This afternoon a box arrived from a faraway land...
View attachment 4781

And inside were some silvery tubes and this carbon fibre thingie
View attachment 4782

But the warning label says I can't use it on the road. Oh dear, tough shit!
View attachment 4783
Looks sweet Andz, I must admit I really liked the look with the Akropovic on the Tracer, at least it doesn't look like there's a knot in the headers. I'm surprised you got it delivered to your house, yamaha supply this item, and if I had this option fitted to the bike I could have got quite a reduction in price. Looking forward to seeing the pics when fitted :)

andz

Reaction score
BTW the place I bought my FZ-6 from also went belly up which really peaved me as after this the nearest yamaha dealer was 30 kilometers away :(.

Looks sweet Andz, I must admit I really liked the look with the Akropovic on the Tracer, at least it doesn't look like there's a knot in the headers. I'm surprised you got it delivered to your house, yamaha supply this item, and if I had this option fitted to the bike I could have got quite a reduction in price. Looking forward to seeing the pics when fitted :)
This is not the Yamaha supplied pipe, I had a look at it and I like the look of this can more. I ordered it from a local company.

Gruffalo

Reaction score

andz

Reaction score
Well, here she is :cool:

IMG_2617.jpg

Nice and neat rear end with the Tail Tidy and the Akro tucked in underneath

IMG_8866.jpg

Look at the monstrosity that came off!

IMG_8867.jpg

Last edited: