Suspension adjustment

ib1-2

Reaction score
Finally got round to adjusting suspension. The front bounced around under braking so I had a look at adjusting front and rear. Best setup for me weighing 12st 11lbs, Front compression 6mm and rebound one click in from maximum, rear compression number 6 and rebound half a turn out. It stiffened everything up and front doesn't dive when braking and feels much more positive on the road.
It was the excessive rebound on the front which made me look at the settings and change them. Getting the C spanner in was a pain but no scraped knuckles :)

El Bandito

Reaction score
I’ve been tinkering with my settings for the last couple of months. From stock it was way too hard and the bike pattered over worn roads and jarred me when I hit the many potholes we have up in Edinburgh. I softened it up in August to:
Front preload 17mm (8 quarter turns from fully out) and rebound 9 clicks from full hard setting.
Rear preload spring position 3 and rebound 2 quarter turns back from full hard setting.
The bike was more comfortable and still quite taught when I was pushing it on a bit so I kept it at that till Friday when I decided to change it a little more to see what difference it would make. I changed it to:
Front preload 18mm (4 quarter turns from fully out) and rebound 11 clicks from full hard setting.
Rear preload spring position 3 and rebound 2 and a quarter turns back from full hard setting.
What a difference. It has ironed out the crap road surfaces and made them smooth and still feels tight when I push on a bit. The rear is maybe just beginning to bounce a little but I’m happy with that. It’s much better than standard or the softer setting I had previously. It will be staying like this I think. The weird thing though is that I don’t notice the vibes above 5k rpm through the bars as much now so either the chatter at the front end makes the vibes worse or I’m just focusing on the plush ride now and forgetting the vibes.