Yamaha MT 09 Tracer radiator guards?

Morseman

Reaction score
The bike shown in the photos is an MT-07 Tracer, not an MT-09 Tracer...

bobh

Reaction score
I fitted an SMoto one to my MT-09 (it's the same radiator as the Tracer, I believe), also from ebay. It seems to be very similar to the R&G one.

Considerably cheaper than the USA one in the link, and so far (18 months and 7000 miles) it's been fine. Plus, being mesh rather than stamped from sheet, it should be less restrictive of airflow.

I've had a couple of stamped ones in the past, and in both cases they've rattled because they have very little stiffness compared to mesh ones, which have a frame. So I had to put foam tape on the back to stop it - not just the noise but also the possibility that the fretting might damage the radiator over time. The only advantage I can see for a stamped one is that it can incorporate the bike model name.

kev

Reaction score
too many gaps for a stone to damage the rad.

flying circus

Reaction score
I believe that a radiator guard is essential on a MT 09 and probably any motorcycle. Yamaha used too agree as my 82/LC 350 came with one from the factory also miss the self cancilling indicators but apart from these items the MT 09 is everything the classic Elsie was and more.