Engine light on after fitting Black Widow exhaust

Lozzo

Reaction score
Friend of mine dropped her 2017 MT-09 in with me this morning for fitting of the full Black Widow exhaust (with baffle in) and a K+N air filter. Everything fitted up perfectly, but on starting the engine management light stays on - she also says it splutters and farts at 2500 but that clears the higher the revs go. Anyone else had this problem?

I fitted a full Arrow system (with baffle in) to my own 2017 model and haven't had a problem with the eml staying on or any running issues, but I am getting it remapped and a K+N air filter because the fuel consumption is now atrocious.

I'd be interested to hear what other people have experienced.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Lambda sensor fitted ?, might also be fitting the K&N air filter breather pipe loose on airbox

Lozzo

Reaction score
Lambda sensor is fitted, I double checked that

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Does the clocks show an error code when engine management light stays on ?, If you have a master key try starting the bike first with that once then try a standard key afterwards and see what happens

Lozzo

Reaction score
My friend took it in to the dealership and they reset it for her. turns out the ecu registered the ignition had been turned on with a sensor disconnected when the K+N air filter was being fitted. No damage done, all reset and the bike has now been very successfully remapped by Steve Jordan Racing to suit the Black Widow full system she's fitted.