Handguards

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Recently fitted the Puig handguards on my 900 Tracer, very easy to fit. Been out on a long run today down towards Brighton and along to Hastings. First impressions the guards appear to help deflect some of the wind away from the cuffs of my jacket but also surprisingly I found they help cure some of the high speed wobble as well. Anyone else fitted these guards yet, if so what is your opinion on them ?.
IMG_20171208_143203793.jpg

Attachments

bobh

Reaction score
Just fitted some Givi handguards on my non-Tracer MT-09. Unfortunately they make it really hard to wangle the bike out through the shed door, and I haven't actually ridden with them yet. But they were a doddle to fit.

I've just acquired a pair of MT-125 bars - they are a bit narrower, so should help. I actually got them because I prefer a narrower, lower bar than the standard ones, so we'l see how they go. I'll be fitting them when the weather gets a bit less chilly!

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
Best of luck fitting the narrower bars when the weather improves, let me know if there's much difference with the handling

bobh

Reaction score
Had a go at fitting them today, as it wasn't quite so cold down in the workshop.

The location holes for switchgear etc. are different, but no great problem to drill new ones.

The main snag is that the brake reservoir fouls the instrument panel, so that needs to be raised/moved forward a bit. I had hoped that with the new bars being lower that wouldn't be a problem, but they are also a bit more forward, and have a degree or two more sweep back (all of which is good for my tastes). I'll also need to do a bit of re-routing of cable etc. to take up the slack, which may involve removing the tank. So while I'm doing that I may as well change the air filter, etc. etc. - isn't it funny how these jobs snowball?

Anyway, I've gone back to standard until the weather improves and I can spend a bit more time on the job.