Complete new suspension

Kiwirider

Reaction score
I have given up trying to get my suspension setup just right. In th past I have been spoilt with having customised or personalised suspension (Ohlins/Nitron, etc). So, I have just bitten the bullet and yesterday took delivery of my forks which have been kitted with an Andreani cartridge (with custom springs) and a new rear Nitron R2 shock (with remote pre-load adjuster). I am expecting a huge improvement so this weekend I will fit everything and then try it out. I am very much looking forward to the result.
Once I have had a good play I will report back for the benefit of anyone else who might be considering doing the same. Now - the only thing which still needs doing is to replace the brake lines with braided lines ..... more money!!!

bobh

Reaction score
Read your post and thought - hopefully not in the UK! Weather here is not exactly ideal for suspension testing. Enjoy!

P.s. I find my brakes quite good with the standard lines - maybe a bleed would do the job?

Kiwirider

Reaction score
Hi Bobh - yes I am sure I will enjoy. Put the forks back on last night and will hopefully do the rear shock over the weekend (have some other work to do whilst I have the tank off as well).
There is nothing wrong with the brakes per se - it is just that I have been spoilt in the past by knowing what differences can be achieved. For example a simple change of pads to EBC HH's makes a considerable difference by itself. Braided lines make a further noticeable difference also. Once you have experienced all of that it is hard to just accept the standard setup as is.

I do understand about your UK weather - I have extensive family there BUT you can keep your shite weather - we are quite happy with what we have to put up with here!

bobh

Reaction score
Agree absolutely about HH pads - make a big difference and they're what I would always use as a replacement.

Laffli

Reaction score
My dealer told me it was a waste of time and money putting braided hoses on an abs system.

TRA

Reaction score
Laffli, he might be right regarding outright stopping power. I, for one, do not need any more brakes than my Tracer has, out of the box. For sub-300, non-Brembo brakes, they're outstanding imo.

But maybe braided lines could off er better feel and feedback. I don't know.

Sorry OP, off topic. I'm really keen to find out what you think of your new setup.

Last edited:

Kiwirider

Reaction score
New suspension now fitted - on the front I installed Andreani replacement fork kits and on the rear I installed a new Nitron shock with remote reservoir. Expensive but just the duck's guts!!!

bonoeuf

Reaction score
I went for the Andreani fork kit and a K-tech razor lite rear shock. The bike is now ridable. I had the stock suspension set up and it still felt like it would through me off on very bumpy roads. The bumps have almost gone and the bike feels very stable. This is the first time I have needed to do this to a bike rather than just wanted to.

Tim Tucker

Reaction score
I upgraded my suspension with an Andreani fork kit and a Nitron rear shock with remote preload adjuster. I got it all fitted by FTR Suspension in Essex, who I would recommend. This page gives some details as to what they can do, though the prices are a little out of date.

I took the bike up to Yorkshire for a week shortly after getting the new suspension fitted. The bike is much more settled on rough surfaces and just generally more comfortable because of the smoother, better balanced ride. Being able to quickly adjust the rear shock when fitting panniers is very handy.

The settings FTR added in their workshop have been pretty much perfect for me. I have tried adjusting the preload and damping on the front forks, but ended up going back to what it originally was.

sharpoleeds1

Reaction score
For sale K Tech Rear Shock. I have the Andreani front fork kit with K Tech RazorR rear. Because I want an external pre load adjuster I planning on replacing it with a Nitron. My shock is 12 months old and has done 7000 mikes and was fitted by Gareth Evans of Reactive suspension of York. Naturally its in perfect working order. Offers? Photos available on request. Thanks Chris.