Fitting Givi Engine Bars

Morseman

Reaction score
Hi, I have bought some second hand Givi Engine bars from someone who had an MT-09 Tracer but sold it and kept the engine bars.

I have the Givi instructions, but as usuall they are pretty minimalistic!

Can anyone who has fitted the engine protection bars give me a description of what to do to fit them please?

Thanks for any help. I have a mate, who also has an MT-09 Tracer, with the same engine bars, so I will be picking his brains as well.

ilanr1

Reaction score
Hi, I have bought some second hand Givi Engine bars from someone who had an MT-09 Tracer but sold it and kept the engine bars.

I have the Givi instructions, but as usuall they are pretty minimalistic!

Can anyone who has fitted the engine protection bars give me a description of what to do to fit them please?

Thanks for any help. I have a mate, who also has an MT-09 Tracer, with the same engine bars, so I will be picking his brains as well.
Hi , you can download the instructions from GIVI.it site.
To assemble it just follow the instructions.
Make sure that you have all the parts that are on the manual.
Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Wharfe

Reaction score
Morseman did you get the bars fitted? You're right about the instructions, they are are shoite ....

woodie100

Reaction score
Done similar to you mate. The Givi instructions leave a lot to be desired but where I got thrown completely, was the bottom bar is the original one. I had to source a fitting kit myself and made it up from bolts bought spacers made from measurements off the instructions but got there in the end. Don’t make the same mistake I did and tried to use bolts rather than the original long bolt already on the bike. It will reach just about and I would suggest when you have the bars in place a dab of locktite on the thread to ensure it don’t work loose (you will barely have enough thread to pass through the diameter of the nut).
I’ll see if I have a picture of the completed bars and upload it for you tomorrow.

JonB