McCuise Criuse Control

Glennholmes

Reaction score
I am fitting the McCruise cruise control at this minute. I have opted for the patch to fit it with a FJR 1300 left handlebar switch unit. I have bought the McCruise kit and patch for £715 and the New 2016 FJR switch gear for £250. Unfortunately the plugs on the switch gear have been changed to newer ones and no longer fit the McCriuse wiring harness. I am in touch with both OWL, the U.K. Suppliers and with McCruise in Australia to see it we can sort this out. I have asked which year their wiring was actually fitted too as all I was told when purchasing the kit was it had to be a late model FJR, hence I went for a 2016. The actually McCruise kit is well built and the instructions at very good, so I'm hoping they can sort this out. We are trying to establish the actual Year of make of their FJR so I can exchange my switch for that particular year as they have said they have successfully sold a number. Once I get mine working I will let everyone know the solution.

Glennholmes

Reaction score
I've now fitted the McCruise Cruise control to my Tracer and its brill. No more aching right wrist on long journeys. It has taken a while to get up and running what with the weather and a couple of issues to sort but if anyone wants a good REAL cruise control and not just a throttle lock this is the one to go for. Full Throttle by wire control with speed SET, Resume, Plus and Minus control. I've tried the Cruise control up steep hills and down and the speed is constant and very reliable. The McCruise comes with 3 options, the McCruise controller, or with FJR 1300 or XT1200Z Super Tenere left hand handle bar Switch gear and a supplied patch. You need to purchase the switchgear if you go down this route. I opted to use the FJR1300 switch gear as I didn't want the extra controller on the handlebars. Had an issue finding the correct FJR switch part (you must order the 2013-2015 model part Number 1MC-83954-00 for a 2013-2015 model. (NOT the 2016 model part this has updated electric plug connectors and does not fit the McCruise patch). The fitting I completed in a day or so (I did take my time) and although involved the instructions are excellent and takes you through the installation step by step with simple language and good illustrations. It does involve adding some extra wiring into the bikes wiring harness but everything you need is supplied. If needed, Contact with Guy and Frank at McCruise was excellent throughout and they were very helpful even though the time difference between here and Australia.
Overall I am really impressed with the McCruise Cruise Control and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is considering going down the Cruise controller route. If anyone wants more info then always happy to chat.

johnstons101

Reaction score
A very informative post & a really good mod. Sounds like you made it look like a factory fitted kit, so well done.
It is something I have been after for a while for my MT09 Tracer, how much in total did the complete cruise control cost you. That is if you don’t mind me asking & don’t bother what currency it is, I will convert it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: