Front fork mods

RussR

Reaction score
It's that time of year to get some modifications done and I'm think front forks (I have a ZX6RR rear shock fitted).

Has anyone fitted K-Tech's springs, valve kit and compression adjusters? did you do it yourself? if not, who fitted them? what oil and weight?

And what's your verdict on the result? (because as standard the forks are bordering on dangerous when you want to push on a bit).

Or will just a set of springs and slightly heavier oil suffice? I have another rebound damper to go in too.

D

Deleted member 1834

mt09 forks

Hy have same rear shock on my Mt 09 as you with Hyper Pro front fork springs fitted. The ride is much improved but still not great. think fork inserts are the way to go but expensive.

RussR

Reaction score
Spoke to K-Tech today, I think I'll go down the route of their re-valve, new springs and oil - they suggested that either they or a K-Tech service centre fit the new valves (that'll change the compression and rebound damping) so I'll drop the forks in with them in a couple of weeks - a little over £360, which I didn't think was too bad if they're rebuilding them.

I've also got a second rebound damper to go in the other fork leg so the forks should be as good as they'll ever be without spending £700+ on new cartridges.

RussR

Reaction score
Picking them up today, I'll post my impressions next week when it's back on the road

RussR

Reaction score
Finally got to try out the K-Tech revalved forks and..............they're a noticeable improvement over standard to the point that......you don't notice them, it feels 'normal' instead of bouncing off bumps and ripples.

The guy at K-Tech said unless you're on the track he wouldn't bother with new cartridges with compression and rebound adjustment and that the SSK valves (changes the compression and rebound damping) are all you'll need on the road - so, re-valved, re-sprung to suit my weight and new oil was £362 fitted.

Braking seems better with a more controlled front end.

All in all I'm happy with the result.