2017 high number plate

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
Hi all , has anybody with a 2017 MT 09 fitted the genuine Yamaha high number plate hanger ? is there a section of wiring that is removed that runs along the swing arm ? cheers all ;)

Lozzo

Reaction score
Hi, I've got the genuine Yamaha accessory tail tidy on my 2017. You have to remove the wiring for the number plate lamp when you remove the rear mudguard monstrosity. Then it's cut down to a set length and new connectors have to be fitted so the lamp can be remounted in the new unit. There's full instructions in the kit and they are easy to follow.

Give yourself a good half day to fit it if you've never done something like this before, because there are a lot of parts and they only go together one way. The entire rear end of the bike has to be stripped off to do this job, it's not as quick and easy as it appears. You will need a paddock stand because the rear wheel spindle needs to come out to fit the new fatter adjuster blocks, or you can just replace the 2017 spindle with one from an earlier model, which is what I may do soon. You'll also need a "Lucar" crimp tool for the electrical connectors, and there's a few of those to fit. Rest of the tools are basic standard socket set and screwdrivers type things.

Last edited: