Clean bike

ib1-2

Reaction score
I have just got one of the best non biking piece of kit you can have and if you haven't got one I suggest you do. We all know cleaning bikes for some can be a chore but for others quite therapeutic plus it gives us the chance to check it over and make sure everything is ok. So after a good shampoo and rinse it's needs drying off and for most including me it was the leather. No more. I bought a bike blow dryer, this gets into all the nooks and crannies and dries everything out. How many put their bike on the centre stand to clean and days later when moving it water still drips out from somewhere. This machine blows with such force and heat drips are eliminated.
I bought mine from Amazon and its the Pet Dryer 2800w, don't buy one from a bike dealer as they're twice the price and exactly the same. Mine was £67 Voilamart 2800W Variable Speed Pet Dog Cat Grooming Hair Dryer, High Velocity Hairdryer Blaster Fur Blower with 2 Gear Temperature and Flexible Hose, Black . Just make sure you get one with 2800w-500w motor. Plus if you have a dog you might as well give it the benefit of a warm blow dry.

ib1-2

Reaction score
There are quieter ways to heat your garage, earplugs maybe required when using the high speed setting.?

kernow

Reaction score
For years a mate of mine has been using a cordless leaf bower to dry his bikes, as well as the obvious of course gathering up the autumn leaves, and according to him it works really well.....:)

bobh

Reaction score
Presumably handy for drying off the chain before re-lubing, too.

I use the wife's hair drier when she's not looking.

Wynner

Reaction score
Me too!

For years a mate of mine has been using a cordless leaf bower to dry his bikes, as well as the obvious of course gathering up the autumn leaves, and according to him it works really well.....:)
No more water marks on my black Tracer!

kernow

Reaction score
No more water marks on my black Tracer!
Yeah I guess you don't necessarily need heat to dry, a large volume of air movement should suffice. With heat though I guess it may well be quicker.? :)

Reaction score
Got one too! mine was about 50 quid off ebay. like you say, it's a 2800w pet dryer, we have dogs so it helps with them too!

They are a brilliant bit of kit, i don't doubt a leaf blower/compressor/cold air blower will do the job, but this time of year it's nice to have some warm air on the fingertips!

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Worx hydroshot

I have just bought and tried a Worx hydroshot to clean my bike, they are battery powered which last approx 1/2hr and come with a few attachments, only main drawback at the moment is the battery charger takes 5 hrs to charge a battery so a quick charger will be ordered, It does a descent job, at jet washing the bike. I cannot use a Karcher because I don't have a mains socket within the area of where my bike is stored.
Anyone else using one of these let us know of what you think about it