quick action throttle

barton

Reaction score
did a search but can find what im after,The throttle tube on the 2014 mt09 is 38MM diameter. As anyone swapped the throttle tube over form another Yamaha model to get a reduced turn. Seen some one using R6 tube on the MT07. I have seen active do a qat with a 44mm diameter tube but dont want to part with £100.00 if I can swap for a used tube from a breaker

stevierst

Reaction score
If your any good with the tools and a bit of diy, you can mod your own throttle tube to reduce the twist to about 1/4 turn for pennies.

Once you’ve got the throttle tube off all you need is a piece of upvc pipe 50mm dia. Hacksaw, file and glue (2 part epoxy is best).

You literally cut a piece of pipe to fit over the cable area of the tube, glue it in place, trim to fit, and voila! Quicker turn throttle.

Done this on loads of bikes including my XSR 9, and it works a treat. I did a photo tutorial on the tiger1050 forum a few years back, I’ll see if I can find it and put it on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

barton

Reaction score
dont fancy gluing a piece to the throttle tube ( seen the youtube vids ). But a throttle tube from a 2015 on R1 will fit straight into the housing and give about 80 -85 degree. There is a company on ebay producing a throttle sleeve out of alloy for £59.49 but you can buy oem R1 tube with the grip for £21.26.
Im sorted with the oem tube of the 15 on R1

stevierst

Reaction score
dont fancy gluing a piece to the throttle tube
Yeah, I appreciate it's each to their own.

I've used Araldite to glue the pipe onto the throttle tube on dozens of bikes, many of them mine with no dramas.
I used this stuff in the engineering world for the last 20+ years and 'stuck' some obscene things together with it. It ain't coming off a throttle tube!! [emoji16]

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk