Chinese (Scotts) Knock Off Steering Damper

Toppie

Reaction score
After a lot of on-line looking and contacting other folks on various forums that have fitted one of these, I bought one.
I just know there'll be a shed load of ''detractors'' but you should research a bit before dismissing out of hand.

€98 from AliExpress. Very, very nicely machined and lines up perfectly on the bike.
These stabilisers come with a 4 way hydraulic adjustment system that works exactly like the original Scotts at a fraction of the price.
I believe that as an entity, the biking fraternity is pretty savvy.
Feedback for these units is very, very positive and my own experience has been good.
These jobbies work well.

1 (1).jpg

1 (12).jpg

DSCF6278.jpg

1 (16).jpg

Wharfe

Reaction score
Can't comment on this, but worth noting that a great deal of "knock-off" Chinese stuff is actually the genuine article without several middlemen, glossy packaging (with spelling and grammar checked!) and a big price hike. Not always,but often...

Toppie

Reaction score
Can't comment on this, but worth noting that a great deal of "knock-off" Chinese stuff is actually the genuine article without several middlemen, glossy packaging (with spelling and grammar checked!) and a big price hike. Not always,but often...
I don't think this one is Wharfe. Apparently it's upset Scotts a lot.
I can understand why as well.......A lot of riders who've had Scotts previously report these to be just as good.
Worth noting that non of the detractors that post very, very negative reports have actually even seen one.

On the other hand, you could be right......like that told saying goes.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......there's a good chance it is.....a duck!