Does it need servicing?

RipGroove

Reaction score
My '14 MT-09 had a 6000 mile service 11 months ago and it's only done 159 miles since, it's been sat in my garage the whole time. So will it want another service before the riding season?

kernow

Reaction score
My '14 MT-09 had a 6000 mile service 11 months ago and it's only done 159 miles since, it's been sat in my garage the whole time. So will it want another service before the riding season?
IMO you should be fine, particularly if your garage is well insulated and therefore not prone to condensation. :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Its not that well insulated as only single skin brickwork and gaps around door but no condensation or damp anywhere ever.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
When you say "service" i think you mean oil change, which is not nessesary for now. Enjoy your bike during srping and summer and then do an oil change before you "store" it for winter..
Allthough, talking about oil changes, my opinion is never let oil for more than 3K mi/5K km. Its the engine's "blood", is the most critical fluid and increase the engine's life.
This week i must visit a Vehicle Technical Check Center to check my bike and put a sticker on my bike's number plate... My bike at 4th April will be 4 years old ! In those 4 years i 've done 48.500 km and my bike is better than new (and off course much better anywhere compare to newer models with different maps)..
Then i have to get the VTCC stamp every 2 years.
In UK don't you have the same obligation to pass your vehicles through Tecnical Control/Check when become older ?

SteveM

Reaction score
In UK don't you have the same obligation to pass your vehicles through Tecnical Control/Check when become older ?
After a bike is 3 years old (I think) all bikes need an annual MOT test for roadworthyness in the UK.