Hello from the North East (UK)

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
Hello all,

After selling my 07 Hornet last year and a year without a bike I happily bought my 15 09 Tracer last weekend.

Since Yamaha realised the MT 09 with that sweet triple I knew I was going to get one. Even though I rode it back for more than 2 hours under a constant and heavy rain - I loved it!

One question though - how the hell do you move the front screen up/down? Turning the screws on both sides don't seem to do anything?

flying circus

Reaction score
Hello and welcome from Staffordshire hope you enjoy many happy safe miles on your new bike.
A lot of bikes had stopped being fun MT 09 can do any task but is never boring, sorry I cannot help with your screen question I'm a thousand miles in and have not changed anything yet just rode it.

El Bandito

Reaction score
Hello from Edinburgh. The screen is easy. Just turn the knobs anti clockwise, slide the screen up or down and then tighten the knobs again. Make sure it’s the round knobs you turn and not the little square adjusters - they are for setting the headlights.

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, and thank you El Bandito. Will have a go tomorrow and see if I can get it to move! And just to be sure - we are talking the two knobs on either side with the long screws type of things?

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
Right, so the two knobs with the long screw type things are to set the level of the beams!! Discovered that..... Found the two knobs for the screen on either side of the speedo - all goods and thanks.

Went for my first ride on the countryside this morning and what a pleasure!!! ;) That triple engine is a peach - absolutely in love... :eek: