Charger socket

Unfazed

Reaction score
So, tried using the charger socket to power my compressor, nothing..... then found out it's a 2 amp fuse!

Anyway, changed the fuse vowing never to use it again for the compressor but used it for a USB charger to power my phone when using the sat nav (Calimoto app, very good!)

Somewhere through the ride today must have blown the fuse again, it's a high power usb charger and the Samsung S7 edge must use more than 24 watts at some point.

Anyway, anyone else use the power socket for USB charging and what are you using? Off to Luxembourg in a couple of weeks so need to get something reliable.

Cheers!

olivierzx

Reaction score
I use this connections (on 2017 model we have 2) for my heating grips and the charger.
I've changed the fuses for a 3A. (instead of 2)
No problems.

This is my second MT09 and I did the same on my old MT for more than 30 000 km.

If you check the wires you'll see that the wires are the same diameter than the 5A circuit.

Sven

Reaction score
Blew my fuses using a compressor also. Replaced them with 4 amp fuses without any problems.

Shazz

Reaction score
Fuse for the socket

Hi, I just tried to use an air pump on my socket when at a rally this weekend and I think it has blown. The air pump works on my car so I know thats not damaged. Ive looked at all the 2 amp fuses in the 3 fuse boxes but none are blown.

Is th fuse for the socket somewhere else? Any suggestions welcome, lol.

Unfazed

Reaction score
Take off the RHS panel (triangular one where the indicator is) and there are another 2 fuse boxes underneath it, the fuse for the charger socket is in the left hand one at the top. I changed my 2 amp for 5 amp and have just come back from Luxembourg, 4 day trip and no problems whatsoever

Shazz

Reaction score
Thanks for that, Unfazed, Im going out to get a 5amp fuse tomorrow to try it. :D