Condensation 2017 Tracer 900

Wynner

Reaction score
Hi all
Now the salt's mostly gone I've rescued my Lovely Tracer 900 from under it's breathable cover and gone for a blast,( my poor winter bike will be getting a rest!) Moisture was running down the led display and when I tried to wipe it off I realised it was on the inside!
Has anyone else suffered from this condensation? Damp and electronics do not mix very well. It has dried out since but marks left by the trails are still visible. My local dealer is great and he will take a photo to send to Yamaha so I'm not worried about it, just wondering if it's a common fault?

Wharfe

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Not to the same extent perhaps as mine lives in a garage that isn't totally watertight so doesn't live under a cover (don't want to trap moisture). But yes, the back of the glass gets a bit foggy at times. It clears after a bit though.

Wynner

Reaction score
You could be right about the cover. It does say breathable and I have carpet on the garage floor but in damp weather everything metal inside beads with moisture.

ib1-2

Reaction score
Hi all
Now the salt's mostly gone I've rescued my Lovely Tracer 900 from under it's breathable cover and gone for a blast,( my poor winter bike will be getting a rest!) Moisture was running down the led display and when I tried to wipe it off I realised it was on the inside!
Has anyone else suffered from this condensation? Damp and electronics do not mix very well. It has dried out since but marks left by the trails are still visible. My local dealer is great and he will take a photo to send to Yamaha so I'm not worried about it, just wondering if it's a common fault?
I had the same problem and got it changed under warranty, a common fault apparently.

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Yamaha super tenere as the same problem as the Tracer 900 concerning the condensation as they have the same clocks