Blue wheels

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
Today when cleaning the sp i noticed that if you rub the blue wheels quite hard that the cloth starts to take on a blue colour itself !! Has anyone else had this happen with blue wheels ? The wheels themselves don't appear to look and different but surely there shouldn't be any paint coming off. It made no difference if i was using polish or wd40 ( to remove chain lube ) the colour still came off. Any ideas ?? In for 1st service later in the week so i will ask while I'm there, thanks everyone [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

fizzy

Reaction score
My Mt 09 and my Mt10sp as well as my new Mt09sp all did this, it seems just to do it when they are new and dose not seem to cause any long term problems I wouldn't worry to much about it

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
Ok Fizzy thanks for the info I'm sure it will be ok just a bit alarming when it first happened !! Cheers mate

fizzy

Reaction score
Ok Fizzy thanks for the info I'm sure it will be ok just a bit alarming when it first happened !! Cheers mate

No problem mate I was a bit worried about it as well, have a word at first service but it's definitely not a problem

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
took the bike in for it's first service on Saturday and while i was there mentioned about some of the colour coming off when cleaning , this was their response. they knew about this happening and said it is because the wheels aren't laquered and most polishes contain a small amount of cutting compound they cause the cleaning cloths to blue slightly when rubbed hard. nothing to worry about really then !!!!!!

the cueball

Reaction score
Yeah the wheels don’t have any lacquer on them...

I got a new set of tyres and the garage tyre machine made a right mess of my wheels, so when they fixed them, not only did they have to get the correct paint from the US (UK Yamaha were useless, their solution to a scratched wheel is to just replace it) I also asked them to put some layers of lacquer on them...