Screen - Faco Cupolino Fume

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
Hello all,

Been using my Tracer daily and doing a lot of motorways - that original screen is just awful. Anyway, been searching the web for a solution and nothing seems to sort it out - and it's plain ugly as well.

However, I came across the "Faco Cupolino Fume" on a french forum - no review as the guy is trying or was trying to get so comments - but looking at the Italian review they seem to be good.

Anyway, anyone came across it? Used it? And from the picture, I quite like the look of it as well.

Amazon.it link => CUPOLINO FUME' CHIARO YAMAHA MT09 TRACER 2015-16 spessore 4MM cod.28435: Amazon.it: Auto e Moto

johnstons101

Reaction score
Looks very similar to the Puig Touring Screen, I have fitted one of these & they are a lot better than the standard screen.
Look up Puig & see what you think, I know they are rated very highly.
Can’t comment on screen you are looking at, never seen one or even heard of one before.
Good luck with your choice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kiwirider

Reaction score
I fitted a Givi Touring screen and am happy with it. It looks not dissimilar to the Faco screen (which I have never heard of before). You have to be careful otherwise you could end up spending some serious coin and still be unhappy. However, the standard screen is certainly a joke. Good luck with your choice.

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
Looks very similar to the Puig Touring Screen, I have fitted one of these & they are a lot better than the standard screen.
Look up Puig & see what you think, I know they are rated very highly.
Can’t comment on screen you are looking at, never seen one or even heard of one before.
Good luck with your choice

I am commuting daily on the bike with about 15 minutes of the motorway - Is the Puig screen just a small improvement over the original screen? Or is it worth its price? Far too much wind-noise, it was quieter to ride my naked hornet that riding the mt 09 tracer with a screen...

johnstons101

Reaction score
The wind noise is drastically reduced, but it all depends on your height & head position. I did play about with the screen height adjustment on the screen & now run with it at as high as possible.
When I bought the bike, it came with three screens, the original, a short sports screen & a large powerbronze touring type screen. But I couldn’t get on with any of them, that’s why I took the plunge with the Puig, after I read a lot of reviews.
It does seem expensive, but comes with a new metal mounting frame, that replaces the original & uses the same bolt holes. It also has four little brackets to move the hand wind deflectors. So it’s not just a plastic screen you are buying.
Don’t get me wrong, it is still a noisier ride than my R6, but the screen is a massive improvement in wind noise & buffeting. I did a tour of Scotland including over 1200 miles, days after fitting the screen & don’t regret my purchase.
Good luck & remember if it doesn’t work for you, there’s always ebay to get some money back

sweetthdevil

Reaction score

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I use the Palmer product mount and screen, it seems a bit expensive considering both are bought as separate items but have done the job quite well a few times with rides through Belgium and France, even when the rain was heavy.