Denali Sound Bomb Installation

Kiwirider

Reaction score
I thought that some of you might be interested in my sound bomb installation if you (like me) believe that the standard horn is rather pathetic. This is the split Sound Bomb fitted to SW Motech protection bars and is a very easy fit and I think looks quite tidy in the end. What do you think? By the way - these horns are about 4x as load as the standard horn and certainly make tintop drivers sit up and take notice (I have them on my other bike as well).P1020604.jpgP1020594.jpg

andz

Reaction score
I thought that some of you might be interested in my sound bomb installation if you (like me) believe that the standard horn is rather pathetic. This is the split Sound Bomb fitted to SW Motech protection bars and is a very easy fit and I think looks quite tidy in the end. What do you think? By the way - these horns are about 4x as load as the standard horn and certainly make tintop drivers sit up and take notice (I have them on my other bike as well).View attachment 5159View attachment 5160
I just found this while doing a search, can you possibly post a couple more pictures from a bit further away to get a better idea?

Thanks

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
One of the first mod's I make to a bike is the horn.

I've got a Denali under the headlight, it just fits in on the original bracket and clears the front wheel.

Sound is great and makes people think a truck is coming down on them :)

deadb0y

Reaction score
Funny, I don't think I've ever used the horn in anger.. Bouncing the bike off the rev limiter however... That get's peoples attention!

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Not really practical when you're hard on the brakes though. Revving to get someones attention is one thing, but when you need to let someone know they're heading for an impact or a pedestrians about to get hit, you need a decent horn.

Also if the worse happens, on an insurance claim, stating you sounded the horn will do a lot better than stating you revved the bike to the red line ;)

andz

Reaction score
I saw a great solution on another forum and fitted mine last week, the compressor is under the tank and the horn unit is where the stocker was. Plenty of mudguard clearance even on full suspension travel and loud as hell!

woodie100

Reaction score
I agree, stock horn is embarrassing and way too quite. I sourced a pair of air horns and fitted them to the crash bars (Givi) I mounted the compressor under headlight using old horn mounting point. Also bought a Yam logo sticker to put on the end of the compressor to improve the look. Not as loud as I’d hoped (going for a truck impression) but loud enough to make a stupid car driver need to change their underwear! Will see if I have some pics to upload if you want...
JonB

andz

Reaction score
I fitted the Denali split sound bomb compressor under the tank and the horn unit on the stock horn mount, had to drill the hole a bit but it fits nicely and there are no issues with mudguard contact.

IMG_3280.jpg

Kr1spybeef

Reaction score
I fitted the Denali split sound bomb compressor under the tank and the horn unit on the stock horn mount, had to drill the hole a bit but it fits nicely and there are no issues with mudguard contact.
did you manage to buy this in South Africa and did you need any extra wiring or brackets?

andz

Reaction score
did you manage to buy this in South Africa and did you need any extra wiring or brackets?
I bought it on Amazon UK, I didn't buy the electrical kit with it so all I needed extra was a relay, a fuse holder, some wire and lugs. I had a 20 GBP voucher so this helped to get the price down, I paid 31 GBP delivered to me here. This was in February 2018.

I mounted on the stock horn mount, the bracket needed to be bent and the hole needed to be made slightly bigger. The compressor is under the tank.