CCT failure AGAIN!

Luke_Price

Reaction score
After 2000 miles my cct failed but replaced under warranty. Now I've done 24k miles and that's failed on me now.

I checked with the dealer and they say my chassis number has to have one of the two cct's available.

Part number :99999-04254 has anyone had there's replaced with this specific part? It comes in at £164 [emoji24][emoji24] the other is £138 but I can't use that with my bike.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

fizzy

Reaction score
I have seen manual adjustable ones available on eBay at a fraction of the original parts might be worth having a look

stevecbr

Reaction score
mine failed again at the 27000 mile mark. Like you original one was replaced under warranty, this one I had to pay for, I think it was £200 inc fitting.
I did look into the ape manual tensioner, but they dont appear to be a straight swap over

Luke_Price

Reaction score
mine failed again at the 27000 mile mark. Like you original one was replaced under warranty, this one I had to pay for, I think it was £200 inc fitting.
I did look into the ape manual tensioner, but they dont appear to be a straight swap over
Do you know what part number cct they fitted?
The first one was around £117 just for the part if it wasn't under warranty, this other one again is considerably more.

How has the bike been since?

stevecbr

Reaction score
Will let you know the part number tomorrow, my old tensioner is in the box at work. Its totally fine, nice and quiet, must have done about 1000 miles with it now.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Mind that YAMAHA expands the warranty -especially for CCT of MT-09- at 5 years instead of the 2 years warranty which covers the whole bike in EU countries (maybe in UK too).
Last year i've put the 3rd CCT (last version) allthough rarely it comes "noisy" too.. So i learn about warranty expansion from my dealer and he didn't charge me at all.
Check it from Yamaha UK before been..... "victims of unhonest dealers"...

Luke_Price

Reaction score
No warranty job. Paid for the CCT and I'm fitting it myself, like hell am I paying for it to be fitted after paying that much for it.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I'm sure mines been ticking louder than it should for a couple of years now (2014 bike on original CCT), but every time I have a dealer listen they just go "nah that's normal".

mrbubba

Reaction score
Mine has started ticking quite loudly recently (it was just at around 4k revs, but now it's at idle)
Would this ebay item work?
Mines a 2013 MT09

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Stanno

Reaction score
After 2000 miles my cct failed but replaced under warranty. Now I've done 24k miles and that's failed on me now.

I checked with the dealer and they say my chassis number has to have one of the two cct's available.

Part number :99999-04254 has anyone had there's replaced with this specific part? It comes in at £164 [emoji24][emoji24] the other is £138 but I can't use that with my bike.

I bought and fitted an APE manual CCT cheaper and more reliable