What USB charger

Unfazed

Reaction score
Hi all, been on 2 trips using the phone as GPS and been through 2 USB chargers plugged into the 12V socket. Not sure why but they seem to die after a few days. Any recommendations?

sweetthdevil

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the other topic, I have an ultimate addons tough case to hold my phone and their USB charger. Ultimateaddons Waterproof Motorcycle Hardwire Charger

Plugged directly onto the battery - there is a small box with a switch to power it on/off (so won't drain the battery) - it's waterproof and powerful enough to actually charge your phone while using it as a satnav.

Unfazed

Reaction score
Sounds like a better idea. I was thinking last night, the 12V socket chargers were bouncing up and down so I'm wondering if they're getting spiked/poor contact with the DC voltage making them fail. A rubber band to hold the bugger in the socket might be a good hack...

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I have compared the Tracer power socket against my brothers KTM one and come to the conclusion is the Tracer one is CRAP..
I use duct tape to hold my tomtom charger plug in place, i'm sure Yamaha must of got the power socket from a car accessories shop

Last edited:

adewood

Reaction score
I just fitted an official Yamaha USB socket to a mates MT09 naked, plug looks same as the Yamaha Loom one, will be getting one for my Tracer over the Xmas period. :)

bloggsy

Reaction score
I have compared the Tracer power socket against my brothers KTM one and come to the conclusion is the Tracer one is CRAP..
I use duct tape to hold my tomtom charger plug in place, i'm sure Yamaha must of got the power socket from a car accessories shop
probably the pound shop