Sprocket advice, JT or Afam?

stevecbr

Reaction score
Need to change chain and sprockets soon, now done 29000 miles and starting to get a tight spot.
I have a choice of DID VX gold chain X ring with Afam sprockets, or same DID chain with JT sprockets. Only £1 difference between them, just wondered if JT or Afam or better?
They are selling for £98 or £99 a set, and also include the chain riveting tool so I can use a soft link

Luke_Price

Reaction score
I just popped a JT front sprocket on mine that has the rubber damper.
Previously had one that didn't have the damper and it gave a hell of a whine like I had a super charger spinning up.

Now back to the normal triple sounds! Only an extra £1 difference for one with the damper on eBay.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

bobh

Reaction score
They are both good quality. I've used both, probably more JT than Afam, though never with the rubber damper. But I'd be happy with either.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
JT are made in Thailand, AFAM are made in France.
I've use DID chain and JT sprockets kit on my previous V-Strom as a cheap sollution.
On my MT09 i have AFAM zst gold chain with the OEM sprockets since 27.000 km.
The OEM DID chain is a cheap crap, the AFAM chain runs like new at 54.000 km that i have now.
I think that the best Japan OEM sprockets are the SUN-STAR, as they have the double thikness comparing to JT.
When i need to change my chain again i would go for the AFAM sprockets -front with rubber ring- as they suit the best with AFAM chains profile.
In your case, i would go for AFAM, for better quality in same price..