Tail pack for Tracer

Unfazed

Reaction score
HI all, I know there are many tail packs out there but does anyone use a tail pack that fits well on the back? All I need it for is a few bits for work and enough room for a couple of bottles of wine (!) Kriega looks good but bloody expensive for what it is.

All suggestions welcome.

Mikejbry

Reaction score
I've had a US20 tail pack for years. Bought it in 2010, admittedly not been used much for the 3 last year's or so. But they are superb quality.

No idea how well it would fit a tracer though

Wharfe

Reaction score
Kriega is very well made stuff but you're right - it's pricey. And overengineered unless you're going RTW which let's face it most of us ain't. And consider this - most stuff is adequately waterproof and can be made completely so with the use of a handy, cheap "rubble bag" liner, available in packs of ten from your local supermarket. I commute to work by bike, if I need more than will fit in my rucksack (which is, er, a Kriega but that's not the point!) I generally use a barrel bag, secured with a pair of Rokstraps attached to the handy hooks each side of the pillion. Once off the bike, I then have a useful holdall to carry all the stuff I bought with me. Simples!

bobh

Reaction score
The downside of the Kriega tailpack is that you can't access the contents quickly, so it's a pain if you just want a quick stop for a swig of water etc. I have one for my -09 but rarely use it for that reason.

Unfazed

Reaction score
When I'm touring I use a 60 litre LOMO roll top bag, £11, what a bargain and I've used it for about 6 years now! Found one by JFG Racing for £32 that might do the trick for day to day stuff, thanks for the replies, Cheers!