2014 vrs 16

razz

Reaction score
Hello everyone , she's now past 600 miles , and I feel I can now say that the new Yamaha map feels much softer / tamer than my original bike . No throttle tamer required either . The standard exhaust is very restrictive , the high level akrapovic with baffle definatly lets her breath more easy , take the baffle out and she appears to drone and the throttle feels flat . Using the box at the bottom with various baffles gives a nice but louder sound . To leave her like that , would require a dyno run n map . The only niggle with the high level system is that my heel constantly hits the pipe heading upwards . This one has abs which works well . The rear shock must go . On average , so far , my fuel light comes on around 125-130 miles , ish , the first one was lower . B road bashing is brilliant , what ever year the MT be , love it

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I wouldn't want my local Yamaha dealer/service centre flashing my ECU. I've a late '15 ABS model, and am quite used to and happy with the fuelling as it is. However, if I have my Ti Akra or Ti Yoshi fitted beforehand, I'll probably have my ECU flashed by TT at Rykas' in late June at the MT Tour.

Cobweb

Reaction score
I have a 2015 ABS model as well and the mapping is fine and acceleration is smooth unlike the 13 plate MT I had before it which was way to snatchy on the throttle and needed a G2 throttle tamer to calm it down.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Mine is '14 model, stock pipe, DNA filter, first ECU map.
Yesterday i test it side by side on the road with another MT-09 '15 model, deep armour, equipped with carbon Akrapovic and DNA filter.
We are running side by side with the difference that i was traveling on the back wheel all of the run, when the other rider was on 2 wheels.
We start from a traffic light to another, mine on STD mode, 1st gear full throttle we were spinning side by side, when shift in 2nd gear my front wheel took off the tarmac, my body was trying to press it down without stop the full throtle, change in 3rd gear with clutch and full throtle and the bike keep wheeling... our speed was about 150-160km when we came close to the next traffic light and we start braking.
That is the difference between the 2 versions: the old one accelerates and wheelies in stock condition a lot easier than the newer one.
IMO the old one is much faster in "dragster" situations.
Also, as about "riding feeling" the old one in STD mode behave like the newer in A mode...
Of course all MT/FZ-09s are fast but the older are faster for sure.
When you try the comparison in real road riding you'll see that i have right:cool: