2015 vs 2016 MT 09

Ian Grima

Reaction score
So i finally decided I'm going for a Race Blu MT 09, my local dealer happens to have a 2015 mt 09 in race blu in stock, I can get this for 700 euros cheaper than the 2016 equivalent. Now the only changes i know of between 2015 and 2016 is the traction control. Do you guys think that TC is worth the extra 700 euros? Im quite a bit torn about this issue since TC sounds like a good idea for a bike with a good ammount of torque such as the MT.

P.S. This is my first post here hello from Malta!! :)

bobh

Reaction score
If you mainly ride on clean dry roads I'd say don't bother with the traction control. I've recently got a 2015 model, and the lack of T/c doesn't bother me at all - and here in the UK the roads are far from dry and gravel-free most of the time!

And if it does rain you can always put it in B mode (the softest).

loneranger

Reaction score
uk dealers are giving away free akra exhaust with all 2015 models worth £1100

Locksmith

Reaction score
Which is really helpful for Malta :lol

Id say save your money and spend it on an upgrade or two!

Ian Grima

Reaction score
If you mainly ride on clean dry roads I'd say don't bother with the traction control. I've recently got a 2015 model, and the lack of T/c doesn't bother me at all - and here in the UK the roads are far from dry and gravel-free most of the time!

And if it does rain you can always put it in B mode (the softest).
Our roads are dry most of the year but some of the road surfaces aren't the best. I think I'm leaning towards going for the cheaper option. I might get the dealer to go down another couple of 100 euros on the 2015. They don't do the free akra over here :/ that would be nice hehe.

TIM80

Reaction score
Never ridden a bike with traction control or abs. Nothing but A mode for me. I,m old school I use the feel of my arse on the seat and the feel of the throttle, clutch and brake in my hands .

Last edited: