2017 MT-09 seat....too short

andz

Reaction score
I did a search so apologies if this has been discussed.

A few weeks ago I took the 2017 MT-09 for a test ride, with my wife on the back.

We have been riding a 2004 FZ-6 since, well, 2004 and when we got back from the ride Mrs A said that she had crapped herself the whole ride because she felt she was going to fall off the back.

If I had bought the bike I would have fitted a Givi rack so there would be a box behind her but apart from that I didn't like the complete lack of anything in front of the speedo, so when I actually get a test ride on a Tracer (this weekend) that should be the one to choose.

Anyone else ride this bike 2 up and had the passenger feeling nervous? It looks great though.

bobh

Reaction score
Sorry, don't do passengers.

But you're right, the seat is quite short. When I fasten my Kriega bag onto the passenger seat there's only just enough room for me, pushed up against the tank.

Gruffalo

Reaction score
Hi [MENTION=2636]andz[/MENTION], good to see you here :) (Cloggy from the other forum), I'm presently looking at the MT-09 as a replacement for my FZ-6 (got a test ride on Thursday) Well my Mrs doesn't like riding so this is not a deal breaker for me, but it might be an issue with my buddy bag.

Last edited:

stevecbr

Reaction score
Had an 2005 FZ6N before the MT09 and agree the pillion comfort is nowhere near as good, and also the FZ had grab handles.
I had a screen on the FZ6 and also one on my MT, cant say i really noticed any difference
And yes, my wife prefered going pillion on the FZ, its comfier and safer, and as its slower not as scary or harsh as the MT

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
For 2 up riding a tracer > mt09. Got 12k touring miles on mine and i would say that 90% of that was with wifey aboard.

It's the main reason i went for the tracer, she feels much better being on the back over the old gpz900r i had, she never quite felt the same about that bike after a winter run to a pub involved a (very) low speed, feet down 45 degree slide down a hill on some ice.