2017 MT09 Yamaha tail tidy. Tutorial.

Corsasri

Reaction score
Today I fitted the genuine Yamaha tail tidy part number. BS2-F16E0-00
The instructions where good for the easy parts but could have done with a few words in places. I started buy building it first to make sure it all looked right. After I was happy I started to remove the parts from the bike.

Most of the parts.
IMG_1042.jpg

All built up.
IMG_1043.jpg

1:The first part shows how to remove the number plate hugger and wiring. The this was straight forward. You do need to remove the spindle fully to add a spacer to both ends.

2:You then need to start removeing seat and panels.

3: Remove indicators from bike.

4: you now start fitting the tail tidy to the bike. Mine was already built so I just bolted it in place.

5: Remember to fit the plastic trim from the your bike as it's won't fit later.

IMG_1045.jpg

6: Now remove indicators from your original hanger. And follow instructions to extend wires.

7: Now fit the indicators to the tail tidy.

8: feed wires up and threw the plastic trim. I spotted a problem here.

9: Drill a hole to feed the wires threw the plastic trim. Unless you can figure out another way.

IMG_1047.jpg

10: Plug in all connections and test everything works.

11: FIt all panels and trims.

12: Job done.

IMG_1050.jpg

I did not fit the extension section that came with the kit as I wanted the short version. If you need any information ask and I will cover it or help you.

Tommy

Reaction score
Nice tut Corsasri, I'm hoping mine will be here soon. Could you post some pics of the bike side on? I want to see how far back the plate hangs over the back wheel without the center section.

panosbklks

Reaction score
Nice post!
I was looking around for the part number for a while.
I would love to fold up the license plate and keep the turn signals in place. :cool:
Is it possible to fit this but keep the turn signals on the original hangers? Is there enough space?
At least it will be appreciated if you could post two pictures from the swingarm (left and right side) with the new axle blocks installed.
I assume that the axle sticks out a bit now since its bit longer.
To be honest i'm ready to purchase it. My only concerns are the above.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Corsasri

Reaction score
Probably not as the new tail tidy fits into the location of the old indicators. And the original indicators bracket is a strange shape. I will check tomorrow for you and even take a photo of the original indicators bracket.

panosbklks

Reaction score
Probably not as the new tail tidy fits into the location of the old indicators. And the original indicators bracket is a strange shape. I will check tomorrow for you and even take a photo of the original indicators bracket.
Thank you so much!
i just made an edit on the above post with another question
Thanks again for yout time :D

Corsasri

Reaction score
There spacer you fit to the left side is about 15mm. A second spacer is added to the original one on the right so that spacer is now the same.
Will add photos tomorrow.

Corsasri

Reaction score
Here is the original indicators mount. And the place where the new tail tidy fits.
IMG_1089.jpgIMG_1092.jpgIMG_1093.jpg

Corsasri

Reaction score
I have removed the original chain guard and fitted a original one from an earlier MT09. So now the wires section is gone completely.
IMG_1090.jpg

panosbklks

Reaction score
Thanks for your time!
That was really helpful.
I assume it's impossible to keep the original mount for the indicatros along with the taily tidy but its ok.

ninjaef

Reaction score
hi mate
this part is listed by yam, as being for the yzf-r1
so will any yzf-r1 tidy, fit?