A quick hello and introduction.

Cavetroll87

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just thought I would drop in and say hello,

A little background on me, I live in SE England and have been riding for approx. 7 years. I started out my biking career on 600cc sportsbikes of various makes and ages until I got hold of a 2006 ZX6R which I fell in love with! I spent Thousnads on her, did my 1st trackdays and ragged her relentlessly, she eventually ended up becoming a sykes replica before I sold her.

IMAG1400.jpg

I then decided I wanted more of an all rounder and test rode a Street Triple R and an MT09 at the time, and bought a brand new Street Triple R a few years back, It was great fun, had tons of fun destroying sportsbikes on trackdays and generally being a hooligan!

Screenshot_20160528-065332.jpg

Was going very well until me and her ended up under a 28.5 ton lorry, few nights in hospital and a few months of being unable to ride through injury and I was back on the bikes, I decided after the off though that I missed my ninja so I got another one which was stunning! but after 6 months of pain due to previous hand injury and clip-ons and only 2000 miles later I had to let her go. In between the nice bikes there has been plenty of others, winter hacks and projects as generally I commute by bike everyday, things like an old Honda cbf600 that I put nearly 20,000 miles on in a year, 1981 Kawasaki z400 cafes racers and others inbetween!

20170408_103446.jpg

So it was a couple of weeks back that I swapped her for my current toy, a 2014 Race Blue MT09, and you know what I havnt stopped smiling yet, Its a riot! Ive already whacked on a Carbon Scorpion Serkat, Stubby Levers, fly Screen and rad guard, So I thought I would join up on here and see what mods people recommend and get some ideas from you guys, mainly about the suspension, I have seen a lot about fitting a zx10/zx6 shock so I imagine I will picking some of your brains at some point, but any that a little about me, hope to meet some decent people on here and have a laugh!

20170715_070102.jpg

Last edited:

TWMoto

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

Just thought I would drop in and say hello,

A little background on me, I live in SE England and have been riding for approx. 7 years. I started out my biking career on 600cc sportsbikes of various makes and ages until I got hold of a 2006 ZX6R which I fell in love with! I spent Thousnads on her, did my 1st trackdays and ragged her relentlessly, she eventually ended up becoming a sykes replica before I sold her.

View attachment 4895

I then decided I wanted more of an all rounder and test rode a Street Triple R and an MT09 at the time, and bought a brand new Street Triple R a few years back, It was great fun, had tons of fun destroying sportsbikes on trackdays and generally being a hooligan!

View attachment 4896

Was going very well until me and her ended up under a 28.5 ton lorry, few nights in hospital and a few months of being unable to ride through injury and I was back on the bikes, I decided after the off though that I missed my ninja so I got another one which was stunning! but after 6 months of pain due to previous hand injury and clip-ons and only 2000 miles later I had to let her go. In between the nice bikes there has been plenty of others, winter hacks and projects as generally I commute by bike everyday, things like an old Honda cbf600 that I put nearly 20,000 miles on in a year, 1981 Kawasaki z400 cafes racers and others inbetween!

View attachment 4897

So it was a couple of weeks back that I swapped her for my current toy, a 2014 Race Blue MT09, and you know what I havnt stopped smiling yet, Its a riot! Ive already whacked on a Carbon Scorpion Serkat, Stubby Levers, fly Screen and rad guard, So I thought I would join up on here and see what mods people recommend and get some ideas from you guys, mainly about the suspension, I have seen a lot about fitting a zx10/zx6 shock so I imagine I will picking some of your brains at some point, but any that a little about me, hope to meet some decent people on here and have a laugh!

View attachment 4898
Shame to hear about the accident but some great pictures and a good story. Everyone on here is friendly so I'm sure they'll be plenty of brains to pick!

Cavetroll87

Reaction score
Cheers, looking forward to getting stuck in, maybe meet up with anyone local, the odd trackday too!

TWMoto

Reaction score
They're a couple of us in SE so you'll be alright [emoji4]