a quick luggage question

qual

Reaction score
Hi all just taken delivery of my nearly new 2017 tracer and it has the yamaha luggage on it , and i really want a givi top box so my girlfrienf will feel more comfortable ,

My question is can i put the tracer givi rack thing on with the yamaha luggage fitted ?

Thanks

Adam

TWMoto

Reaction score
Hi all just taken delivery of my nearly new 2017 tracer and it has the yamaha luggage on it , and i really want a givi top box so my girlfrienf will feel more comfortable ,

My question is can i put the tracer givi rack thing on with the yamaha luggage fitted ?

Thanks

Adam
Not sure about the exact Yamaha system, but givi usually requires it's own giving plate to secure the box too. May be somewhat of combining the givi plate and Yamaha rack though

qual

Reaction score
Thanks mate , allthough i have no idea what you meant ! , im hoping i can use the givi box and the panniers i already have

robin

Reaction score
If your Yamaha rack is for the side boxes as when made in factory, you will also need a rack for the top box with a Givi plate on it.
There is no reason why the top box rack will not fit as well as your side panniers. The Yamaha pannier rails bolt on the side whereas the top box rack fits on the top under the seat!
I googled it. Looks like the top box rack uses same bolts as side rack.
Make sure you get correct Givi plate included.

Kappa & Givi have same topbox fittings.

Last edited:

qual

Reaction score
well fitted the givi and all is fine with the yamaha bags, so thats pretty handy.

deadb0y

Reaction score
The Givi box (depending on the box you choose... Aluminum one??) requires it's own locking plate and mounting kit. Turns out to be quite expensive and to be honest (if you buy the trekker explorer ally ones) I'm not impressed with he mounting system at all.

It hooks into 2 plastic peg things at the front then locks down but in my case it jut got wobblier and wobblier over time.. I ended up drilling holes through the lot and chucking some M8 nylocked bolts through the box, rack and everything!

In it's original attachment format I really wouldn't suggest letting anyone lean on it (which is exactly what they'll do even if they say they won't/don't)!